Author Topic: Shortcut to land in a specific mailbox  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Shortcut to land in a specific mailbox
« on: January 26, 2018, 11:58:06 AM »
I have user with a mailbox, let's say it's 1000. They need to be able to take calls, but they would also like a DDI for this mailbox that when dialled, always goes straight to voicemail. So I created a multicall key #1000, set the always alt to be the VM hunt group. This works fine internally, goes straight to mailbox 1000 when you dial #1000 but if I assign a DDI to it, it sends back a 404 and doesn't accept the call. I swear I have had this working on other systems but I just can't see what I've missed.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Shortcut to land in a specific mailbox
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 01:42:23 PM »
System integration; it always goes back to the number  that was indexed by the incoming call. You will need to break the integration for it to work. Your DDI for direct access doesn't have a mailbox so 404 (I am assuming SIP trunks) as it has nowhere to go.(#1000 has  amailbox but your DDI doesn't).

Offline pmhaynes

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 04:17:25 AM »
embeded or nupoint voicemail

if nupoint then send the call to a new multicall key. reroute allways multi call key to voicemail hunt group

add the number of the new muticall key to the mailbox of the extension as a second extension (sorry cant remember the how mitel word it but its under the mailbox settings in nupoint)

this way calls to both numbers will go the the same mailbox

embeded-
send call to a new multi call key with new mailbox. give the extension a WMI button for that mailbox.
2 x mailboxes used but cant think of another way

Good luck

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 08:00:40 AM »
It's embedded voicemail.

A little more testing/digging - the system I am trying to do this on is reached across an IP/XNET trunk from another controller. The same setup on the other controller [where the SIP trunk comes in] works fine, so it appears to be the IP/XNET trunk that stops it. I am going to test pointing the SIP directly at the new controller to prove it off.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 09:25:32 AM »
I think that the reason it works on the controller with SIP trunks is that SIP trunks are treated as private/internal calls (this affects other things as well). But IP/Xnet is a trunk call and is treated as such so the VM system will always revert the call to the extension that seized the call. Since your DDI doesn't have a VM box it has nowhere to go.

To prove: If you set the SIP trunks to have a call length timer of (say) 10 seconds and set that in external calls you will find its ignored. If you then set the timer for internal calls you will find that SIP trunks cut off after 10 seconds. (this is true from very early MCD's right up to MCD8.0 SP3 (certainly 8.0))

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 07:12:09 AM »
Yes, moving the SIP over resolved the issue. So I am going to have to watch out here if at some point Mitel decided that SIP calls are External [which is the only sensible interpretation, IMO].

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10