Author Topic: How to Trace Down Call Issue with EHDU? [Solved]  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
How to Trace Down Call Issue with EHDU? [Solved]
« on: December 20, 2017, 10:03:44 AM »
Guys,

I have an issue with EHDUs on a system. It was working and at "some point in time" it stopped working. I looked at what I could remember of how it should be programmed and I don't see anything wrong.

It looks as though it is trying to call out as I see the users second multicall key flashe when a call comes in, but it never makes it to the cell phone.

Thanks,

TE
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 11:03:32 AM by Tech Electronics »

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: How to Trace Down Call Issue with EHDU?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 10:35:37 AM »
Just a guess but has a timer got changed somewhere that is clearing the call before the cell phone can respond? Or is the cell phone not responding as fast as it used to and the timer is expiring?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 10:56:18 AM »
x-man,

After playing around a lot, this is what I found out.

1. If it is a DN to DN call it will work, sometimes, and it will show the DNs DID instead of their DND as the caller ID to the users cell phone.
2. If other DNs call the same DN it won't work; this can be recreated every time with certain DNs.
3. If an Outside Caller calls in it will never go out to the users cell phone.

I don't think it is a timer issue as it works with some and not with others. The call will ring 4-5x before going to VM and the time is the same regardless of whether it works or not.

I just have no idea as to why it works with some internal users [DN to DN] and not with others.

Thanks,

TE

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 11:18:28 AM »
COS? COR? is about the only thing I can think of with internal calls? Mind you I'm not that up to speed with EHDU's. Sorry.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 11:23:41 AM »
x-man,

I was thinking the same and I have eliminated the COR as an issue as I can dial the number without issue any time from any phone. So, that still leaves the COS, but no one has come forward to making changes to this. Right now I am looking into how to program an EHDU to be used with SIP Trunks; I know I have this working in other locations.

Unfortunately, I have only installed 3 systems and have taken over 1 other so I am not an expert on these yet by any stretch of the imagination; of course the sales people say differently.

Thanks,

TE

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 03:42:13 PM »
Ah, SIP trunks, adds another level of complication.....faults can be a real bugger to trace.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 04:12:12 PM »
Hi Tech,

Some questions :

- did u use EHDU from Micollab or only Mivoice business ?

- try to run this test: If you take the Dn + mobile who works  and put the same mobile number for Dn who doesn't work , what is the result ? . ( i already have an issue like that "telco issue")

-  you said : If an Outside Caller calls in it will never go out to the users cell phone.

Try tu run this test : forward your DN (exemple 1234)  to external destination ( your mobile ) and try to call 1234 from outside with another mobile . if you can't reach mobile to mobile it means you have a Cor issue in The sip trunk.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to Trace Down Call Issue with EHDU? [Solved]
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 11:02:07 AM »
[Solved]

Apparently, the SIP Provider was no longer accepting Non-Native Caller ID so I just removed the feature from the SIP Peer Profile and it works again; although without the external callers ID passing through.

The customer is going to talk to their SIP provider to get that service back.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10