Author Topic: External calls rerouted to voice mail, but user's voice mail not playing  (Read 1443 times)

Offline synthesis

• View Profile
Hello. I am experiencing an issue with rerouting external calls to a user's voice mail using the Call Routing forms. The user's internal extension number (e.g. 1234) is different to the last 4 digits of their external number (123 456 7890). A configuration has already been made, so externally calling 123 456 7890 will ring the internal extension 1234. Also, internally ringing 7890 (the last four digits of the external number) will ring the 1234 extension. The user has already created a voice mail message on the 1234 extension. I have setup call rerouting so that when anyone rings 7890 it goes straight to voice mail (hunt group 600). However, after configuring the rerouting, dialing 7890 internally and dialing 123 456 7890 externally, the call is rerouted to voice mail, but instead of playing the user's message, it plays the system's message: it asks the caller to enter the extension number of the person they are trying to reach and goes on to mention other options which can be selected. Below are the rerouting changes I made in the Call Rerouting Always Alternatives and Call Rerouting forms:

Call Rerouting Always Alternatives (the below rule routes all calls to the 600: the voice mail hunt group)

Always Alternative Number  Originating Device DID  Originating Device TIE  Originating Device CO  Originating Device INT  Directory Number
2                                             Reroute                             Reroute                         Reroute                             Reroute                                 600

Call Rerouting (the below rule immediately routes all calls arriving at 7809 to 600, as above)

Number  Call Rerouting - Day  Call Rerouting - Night1  Call Rerouting - Night2  Call Rerouting DND Type  Call Rerouting - 1st Alt.  Call Rerouting - 2nd Alt.
 7890          2                              2                                    2                                       All                                      1                                     1

What could be the reason that the system message playing to callers and not the user's personal voice mail message?

Offline Floppy1

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: External calls rerouted to voice mail, but user's voice mail not playing
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 07:35:00 AM »
Have you created a VM box for extension 7890         

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 08:03:48 AM »
It sounds like you are trying to have 2 "extensions" share a mailbox... 1234 & 7890, you can't do that with embedded voicemail, you would need 2 unique mailboxes.

Why not just change the user's extension to 7890 and be done with it? The way you are doing it is over complicated.

Although I am a little confused... The proper way to do this would be make a speed call of 7890 that has an actual number of 1234, and that should put everything into mb1234 anyway. What is "7890" in your system?

« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 09:32:42 AM by acejavelin »

Offline synthesis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 10:41:51 AM »
Have you created a VM box for extension 7890         

It sounds like you are trying to have 2 "extensions" share a mailbox... 1234 & 7890, you can't do that with embedded voicemail, you would need 2 unique mailboxes.

Why not just change the user's extension to 7890 and be done with it? The way you are doing it is over complicated.

Although I am a little confused... The proper way to do this would be make a speed call of 7890 that has an actual number of 1234, and that should put everything into mb1234 anyway. What is "7890" in your system?

7890 is a non prime extension number. The system has not allowed me to create an 7890 user extension as a result.

7890 was added to extension 1234 on the User and Services Configuration form under the Keys tab, under following settings:

Line Type: Single Line
Button Dir. Number: 7890
Ring Type: Ring

There is no speed call in the system with an entry of 7890 pointing to 1234.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 11:27:54 AM »
Unfortunately this will never work this way... But you can just remove the line key from the phone, then add a system speed call of 7890 that points to 1234, this fulfills both sending NPA-NNX-7890 to the user at x1234 and allowing internal parties to call 1234 or 7890.

There are three "proper" ways to do this with a single mailbox...

1) In the DID Rerouting Table, add an entry of 7890 that points to 1234 (thus not using up SSC entries). People need to understand that the phone has ONE dialable internal extension 1234, and the external number is just different.
2) Change the user's extension to 7890, this fulfills both necessary requirements by eliminating 1234
3) Use the system speed call method noted above, this also fulfills both requirements by allowing the user to essentially have 2 extensions

The alternative would be to use Nupoint voicemail, in that system you can have multiple extensions associated with a single mailbox, so the user's main mailbox number would be 1234, and it would have an Alternate Extension number of 7890. This is not possible in the embedded voicemail.

Offline synthesis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 01:00:04 PM »
Unfortunately this will never work this way... But you can just remove the line key from the phone, then add a system speed call of 7890 that points to 1234, this fulfills both sending NPA-NNX-7890 to the user at x1234 and allowing internal parties to call 1234 or 7890.

There are three "proper" ways to do this with a single mailbox...

1) In the DID Rerouting Table, add an entry of 7890 that points to 1234 (thus not using up SSC entries). People need to understand that the phone has ONE dialable internal extension 1234, and the external number is just different.
2) Change the user's extension to 7890, this fulfills both necessary requirements by eliminating 1234
3) Use the system speed call method noted above, this also fulfills both requirements by allowing the user to essentially have 2 extensions

The alternative would be to use Nupoint voicemail, in that system you can have multiple extensions associated with a single mailbox, so the user's main mailbox number would be 1234, and it would have an Alternate Extension number of 7890. This is not possible in the embedded voicemail.

I removed the line key from the phone and added the external number to internal number mapping under the Direct Inward Dialing Service form and it worked. Thanks.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10