Author Topic: hookflashed disallowed question  (Read 1228 times)

Offline jfbiggs

• View Profile
hookflashed disallowed question
« on: August 30, 2018, 01:15:28 PM »
I know this has been a topic before in 2014.  I had a 5330 phone that was damaged in a lightning strike. I'm a remote employee, so I believe my phone is set up differently than employees in the office.  I received a new 5330e phone, & I am using the same Bluetooth headset I was using before.  I am now getting the hookflash disallowed message when I answer incoming calls.  Since the answer to this question in 2014 was a software upgrade, does this mean my company has not upgraded software for at least 4 years?   Also, does the "e" have anything to do with this? They are saying it does but what I've read seems like there should be no issue.  Thanks.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: hookflashed disallowed question
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 01:59:48 PM »
jfbiggs,

There was an issue with certain firmware versions on the phones that caused that issue and the only fix was to upgrade the phone system to get the firmware. Without knowing what version you are on I would say that your system probably does need an upgrade since most customers don't have that done unless there is a problem or they pay for annual software upgrades.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jfbiggs

• View Profile
Re: hookflashed disallowed question
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 03:56:27 PM »
Thank you. That makes sense. So they are sending me an older phone which should eliminate the issue?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10