Author Topic: Receptionist Help  (Read 778 times)

Offline dhumes0524

• View Profile
Receptionist Help
« on: December 19, 2017, 11:36:59 AM »
Hello, I have searched the forums but am having trouble seeing my situation and a way to resolve.

Scenario:
Mitel 5000 v 6.2.
Our receptionist answers all calls that come in at her extension 100.
If after 4 rings she doesn't answer, the calls are sent via a forwarding path on her phone to a Call Routing Announcement, saying that we are busy with other callers, they can dial extension, leave a message, etc.

Now, our desired behavior is that if she is already on the phone, and someone calls in, they hear ringing for however many rings, and then get sent to this same Call Routing Announcement.

However - what is actually happening is that if someone is calling in, and if the system sees that our receptionist is on the phone already, the incoming caller is then IMMEDIATELY sent to the Call Routing announcement, without any ringing. 

So my question is this - how can I make ALL calls ring 4 times to a user before going to the next step in the Forwarding Path - REGARDLESS of if my user is on the phone already.  It seems that because my user is already on the phone, the system is forwarding directly to the next forwarding point in our forwarding path.

I am hoping that this is something I can resolve through properly configuring my forwarding path or adding additional forwarding paths to my receptionist users extension.

We have one forwarding path setup on extension 100 right now, and it sends to 2513 (Call Routing Announcement).

Thank you for your help on this.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Receptionist Help
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 12:05:22 PM »
dhumes0524,

Well, if you want to continue using the forwarding path for this then just remove the busy condition from that path and it will ring 4x before going to the CRA. What you have right nows seems to be No Answer and Busy conditions which will send it to the CRA  on a No Answer condition if she they aren't on a call [Busy], but if they are Busy it will immediately forward to the CRA as that condition has been met.

If you want this process to repeat over and over again. The operator doesn't answer and is busy and you want the message to repeat then you will need to send the call to a Hunt Group with your Operator as the only member. Then setup the CRA as an Overflow message that will repeat every time the overflow timer expires. When the operator is capable of taking the call it will ring their phone. This way callers get put in a queue and if they don't opt out via the CRA they keep their place in the queue and will get answered in the order they called in.

Thanks,

TE

Offline dhumes0524

• View Profile
Re: Receptionist Help
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 01:17:00 PM »
This appears to be exactly what I needed.  We do not want the option to repeat, so no need for a hunt group.  Now onto the next issue - if my receptionist is on the phone, and someone else calls in - that second calling party isn't hearing a ringback tone while the call is ringing into my receptionist - looks like I get to fiddle around with some MoH/Audio settings!

Thank you,

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10