Author Topic: DSP/EIP MITEL  (Read 2608 times)

Offline harrabi15

• View Profile
DSP/EIP MITEL
« on: December 19, 2017, 09:39:54 AM »
Hello everyone ,
I have a Mitel 470 installation with Enterprise Voice Mail License, Enterprise Voice Mail Channel 1
, License Auto Attendant
, Mitel Advanced Intelligent Network Base License 1 master + 1 satellite
, License "1 SIP Access Channel"
, License 50 Mitel SIP Terminals, Basic System Mitel 470
, License Expansion Mitel 470
Trunk interfaces card 4FXO
, License 1 VoIP Channel for Standard Media Switch
to perform an installation in AIN. My question is: will I need a DSP card, EIP
thank you

Offline zoo

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: DSP/EIP MITEL
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 08:36:24 PM »
Hi Harrabi
Depends of quantity of those licenses (eg. number of voice channels, number of SIP access channels...,), your SIP provider config (do you need routing of media traffic thru system?), network settings Master - satellite (same as for SIP access channels),...
If you are configured A470 thru Mitel CPQ - number of required voice channels will be suggested in Result tab and necessary part (DSP or EIP) will be added to the config automatically...

BR

Offline harrabi15

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 08:40:30 AM »
Thank you for your repence, my question is what a DSP or EIP card is needed for the implementation of a solution of two system 470 in network AIN, and have on each one a trunk sip, and 04 foxo, and the other service like the voice mail and the auto attendant and also 50 SIP posts on every system

Offline zoo

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 02:36:42 PM »
There is no simple answer to your question - again, will depends of your system config, network, SIP provider...
Eg. - you will using FXO - in order to communicate with IP (SIP) terminals, you will need Voice channels and DSP resource for transcoding. You will using SIP trunks - can you sucessfuly answer and transfer a call? If you have problem with transfer - then you need to route voice traffic thru the system - you need DSP. Can you make sucessful call and transfer between extensions on different nodes? If no - (sometime network config don't allow direct media routing between terminals) - you will need DSP...
In all my installation I have enough DSP's (or EIP) to satisfy all above - hard learned lesson on one of the first install...
But, it's your call...

BR
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 02:40:06 PM by zoo »

Offline bojo387

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 09:19:52 PM »
Run it via CPQ to get a reasonable configuration. It tells you the resources required based on the entire config and expected traffic. It won't exactly be perfect but definitely less risky than doing it manually.

Note that you need more VoIP channels when you have indirect switching and from IP to non-IP endpoints. The example is in the system manual of the 470. Another is, even if you have DSP to use for the VoIP resources, the VoIP channels are licensed. EIP is different and is purely for VoIP.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10