Author Topic: Direct Inward Dial Form  (Read 1094 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Direct Inward Dial Form
« on: December 12, 2017, 04:56:18 PM »
Hello,

Issue: Folks who currently don't have DIDs. I have been given the green light to get them DIDs but I need to keep the non DID working for 30 days. I thought I could use the DIDS form to send the new DID to a Non-DID and have it ring on the old ext and get their existing vm box. I couldn't get the number to ring on the set until I put an appearance on the phone. Which would be fine but now I need another vm box for this new ext. Is it possible to setup NuPoint to have two extensions point at the same inbox so they don't have to manage two inboxes? Or why when I call route the new DID to the Non-DID does it not then go to the non-DID's mailbox?

thanks,

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Direct Inward Dial Form
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 08:10:55 PM »
I assume you added the DID numbers in the form with the correct destinations. Are you incoming trunks set to us the form? This certainly will work if programmed correctly. You need to know the amount of incoming digits, verify the trunk attribute being used setting for any modification and if it is set to use this form.

Offline ckonrad

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Direct Inward Dial Form
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 01:03:53 PM »
To answer the question about the Nupoint you can have up to 4 "alternate extensions" that will do exactly what you are asking. Go to the Nupoint mailbox and select advanced you should see 4 alternate extension boxes. Add the new extension into one of those. So you can have up to 5 different extensions forward into the same nailbox.

Craig

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10