Author Topic: SX-200 Express Messenger Config  (Read 1723 times)

Offline mowens

• View Profile
SX-200 Express Messenger Config
« on: December 07, 2017, 04:00:08 PM »
Greetings!
We have been using an old sx-200 system with express messenger for years (over a decade), recently the voice mail directory was reset somehow. I've recreated the mailbox directory by hand but noticed that while the old setup allowed 3 digit extensions, the current one is only allowing 2 digit extensions. Not sure what got reset or how, but I'd like to figure out how to get back to 3 digit extensions for the mailboxes. I've looked through both the 'over the phone' admin menu and the express manager menu but cant see anything that configure this. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Mark

Online acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: SX-200 Express Messenger Config
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 05:55:29 PM »
You need to log into mailbox 99 (or 999 or 9999) and do the "To delete this installation and create a new one, press 1" and this will walk you through the wizard and allow you to change the mailbox length. This does wipe everything... :/

Offline mowens

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 09:20:35 AM »
I was afraid of that... Still trying to figure out out the old config was wiped out as the recorded greeting was not wiped, just the mailbox database (and the extension length). Thanks for the info!

Mark

Online acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 09:38:38 AM »
I was afraid of that... Still trying to figure out out the old config was wiped out as the recorded greeting was not wiped, just the mailbox database (and the extension length). Thanks for the info!

Mark
Someone pressed 1 and hung up right away... That is exactly what happens on those old Messenger cards.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline mowens

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 02:15:36 PM »
Well, following along with your comment I started the 'new install' from the handset, set the extension length, date and time, then hung up before enterring the business hours. All that seemed to happen was the mailbox directory cleared (expected this to happen), extensions were back to 3 digits, date and time were ok but business hours were back to the default.

The original recorded greetings were intact and everything else was untouched! Good enough.

Thanks!

Mark

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10