Author Topic: Ring consoles and cordless phone  (Read 1463 times)

Frontline

Ring consoles and cordless phone
« on: November 27, 2017, 01:12:48 PM »
Been a while since I looked at a 200ICP and even longer since I did anything for a hotel set up so I'ma little rusty!

This is a new install for a hotel. The customer would 1. like to differentiate between room calls and incoming external calls, and 2. have calls ring (2) 5540 IP consoles and a cordless set at the same time.

I have console LDN's built, one for room calls and one for external

I tried setting up 2 ring groups with the consoles and the cordless phone as members, but no matter how the call comes in, (external or dial 0 from a room), the call lands on the first LDN of the console - which is currently built as room call

If I send calls directly to the LDN's they show up as required, but I can't include the cordless phone

Is there another option that I'm missing to set this up?

Thank you

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ring consoles and cordless phone
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 08:05:05 PM »
I don't know their volume of calls, but getting a single line device and LDN to ring won't happen IMHO, Multi of the single line on sub attendants would work

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 09:14:26 PM »
johnp is correct... No way you will get the cordless and consoles to ring at the same time, doesn't work that way.

Typically, we would do this: have two LDN's, one for operator calls (Dial 0) and one for external calls (Outside) and ring calls to the appropriate LDN, then either setup one of the NIGHT modes to ring the cordless, or set it up as an overflow point.

You should also read up on TAFAS (Trunk Answer From Any Station)... it might be useful to you.

Frontline

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 09:10:07 AM »
Thank you both for the replies.

Setting up the LDN for dial 0 and external calls is what we have built currently. I'll have to set up N1 to go to the cordless and just explain to/train the customer to use it properly. I'll read through the requirements for TAFAS and offer that option as well

Great information! Thank you again

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 07:48:19 PM »
You can also have attendant overflow on no answer go to cordless

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10