Author Topic: Change deskset phone extension number  (Read 3682 times)

Offline lpaz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Change deskset phone extension number
« on: December 01, 2017, 11:16:16 AM »
Just wanted to let you know I did a search on the forum and didn't find quite the info I need. I'm a newby to the Mitel systems so I'm not exactly clear on where to navigate to accomplish this task.

Ok, here is the scenario. We have a user who has changed room's but the phone in her room has a different extension then what is listed as her name in the directory.  If I could find her original handset this would probably be as easy as moving her old handset to the other room, but alas it doesn't appear to be this simple.

When I log into the Mitel System, go to System Administration and do a search for her extension number, 5837, I get a message returned that says "no records found". If I call the extension it immediately goes to voicemail.

If I search for the number for the handset that is currently in her room, 5772, that record does show up, but it is associated to a different name.

Was hoping I could paste some screenshots here, but it appears I'm not able to.

If I click on User and Services Configuration-> Service Profile for the phone extension that is physically located in the room, 5772,  it appears as though I see box to change the number but if I try to change it to extension 5837, I get a message that states "Number is in use" and it has an exclamation mark next to the box, so I clicked on Cancel.

Ok, so going on, if I click on Telephone Directory Management->Telephone Directory, it appears I can change the fields on extension 5772 and change it to her name and extension number.

If I navigate to Advanced Configuration->User and Device Attributes it appears I can change it here as well.

I guess I'm not certain which location I should actually change this at, or if I am even in the correct location to change this? If I do change the extension and name association here, will the voicemail still follow or will I need to set that back up as well?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Change deskset phone extension number
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 12:03:15 PM »
Honestly, you have unresolved SDS errors you should fix before changing anything... that can be a major issue.

Then go to maintenance and do a 'locate number 5837" and see what the result is... if it's just a directory entry that doesn't exist anymore, delete it and change the extension in users & devices, this is the only place you should be changing it unless you have a MiCollab Server with single point provisioning, then you should be changing it there and letting SDS handle it.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 12:07:43 PM »
in Maintenance command try :

GDM CHECK USERANDSERVICE

then :

GDM REPAIR USERANDSERVICE

Then

try also

Locate feature extension 5837

Go back to user and device and search 5837

Offline lpaz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 02:14:04 PM »
Ok, when I issue the GDM CHECK USERANDSERVICE from above, I get a long listing of output, so I'm truncating it here, but it basically seems to indicate there are no issues needing repair at this time?

"Checking for missing local hosted service ...
1000 records processed.
1228 records processed in total.
0 Hosted User Service records require to be repaired.
0 Hosted System Service records require to be repaired.

Checking Hosted System Service for missing local directory number or unknown host ...
8 records processed in total.
0 Hosted System Service records are invalid.

Checking Hosted User Service for missing local directory number or unknown host or invalid service type ...
820 records processed in total.
0 Hosted User Service records are invalid.
0 Hosted User Service records have invalid service type."

If I type the locate number 5837, it returns this:
"The number refers to a Non Prime Broadcast Group. "

If I type the locate feature extension number 5837 from above, it returns this:
"LOCATE: Non prime extension number.                                             
Active Features :                                                               
Service Level: Full  "

So should I go ahead and delete the 5837 entry in Telephone Directory Management, or is there a way to change the physical extension in the room, 5772 to 5837?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 02:36:14 PM »

This indicates that the extension number still exists in the database. It could be a hunt group, a key line, a multicall appearance etc. Look in the multiline set keys form for a start. It could even be a VM box that has not been deleted.

Using the set replacement key may be possible. Use the feature code + 5387 at the set you want to change (5772) and it should change the programming for you. There is also a swap command but I have never used it.

Offline lpaz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 03:40:18 PM »

This indicates that the extension number still exists in the database. It could be a hunt group, a key line, a multicall appearance etc. Look in the multiline set keys form for a start. It could even be a VM box that has not been deleted.

Using the set replacement key may be possible. Use the feature code + 5387 at the set you want to change (5772) and it should change the programming for you. There is also a swap command but I have never used it.

Ok, I'm not certain what the set replacement key is or what the feature code for it is. I'll look in the phone manual as it is a IP 5320 phone, I believe.

I found a reference on another forum wherein someone indicated I could possibly delete the MAC address on the 5772 phone in System Administration and then enter a new PIN number on the phone but I'm not certain if that will work to enter the 5837 extension. Guess I can try it and see if it works?

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 04:37:24 PM »
Yo have too choice.

- Delete mac adress from 5772 save then  send pin ***5387 + red or blue key ( *** you have to look in system option but im most case registration code is ***)

or

- delete mac adress from 5772 save , then put this mac address is 5387 and reboot phone.

Offline lpaz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 11:59:30 AM »
Yo have too choice.

- Delete mac adress from 5772 save then  send pin ***5387 + red or blue key ( *** you have to look in system option but im most case registration code is ***)

or

- delete mac adress from 5772 save , then put this mac address is 5387 and reboot phone.

I deleted teh MAC address on the 5772 handset and tried the 5837 PIN but it kept going back to the Send PIN message. I tried both *** and ### but it didn't work.

For now I went ahead and put the 5837 number on the 5772 5320 IP phone as a multiline number and I'll check to see if that will work good enough for the user. If not I'll do a little more research into this.
Thanks all for the assistance with this.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 12:59:05 PM »
Yo have too choice.

or

I deleted teh MAC address on the 5772 handset and tried the 5837 PIN but it kept going back to the Send PIN message. I tried both *** and ### but it didn't work.

For now I went ahead and put the 5837 number on the 5772 5320 IP phone as a multiline number and I'll check to see if that will work good enough for the user. If not I'll do a little more research into this.
Thanks all for the assistance with this.

Check in system option --> Set Registration Access Code

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10