Author Topic: MCD 8 lobby ringdown phone issues  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
MCD 8 lobby ringdown phone issues
« on: November 30, 2017, 11:09:13 AM »
I have an MCD 8 MXe at a local Justice Center/Sheriff office that has been in place about ten months.

A lobby wall phone ringdowns to Sheriff dispatch when the receiver is lifted. If the person in the lobby hangs up 1st, there is no issue, but if the dispatcher hangs up 1st, they receive a single ring every time whenever the lobby phone is placed back on the cradle first.

At first I thought it was a phone issue and I replaced the original 5312 with a 5304, thinking it was the hookswitch bouncing when the receiver is hanging up. I thought that it fixed it, but apparently it didn't, as the trouble persists.

Is there a setting for sensitivity, or some off-hook detect timer that might help this?

Jim

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MCD 8 lobby ringdown phone issues
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 08:10:14 AM »
Crowtalks,

Were you able to resolve this issue? I have a similar one with a SIP Doorbox that when the person hangs up it rings their phone again because, I assume, the doorbox is still showing off-hook.

Thanks,

TE

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 08:35:03 AM »
You could try enabling COS "Return Disconnect Tone When Far End Party Clears" to see if that helps.

We have had to set this with analogue devices to receive busy instead of dial tone when the far end disconnects.

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 08:54:52 AM »
I was discussing this with some folks and I received some good ideas.

However, I haven't had time to tweak it yet...I will let you know of any progress

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10