Author Topic: Recorded Confernce Call Email Attachement Stopping after 30 mins  (Read 944 times)

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
Recorded Confernce Call Email Attachement Stopping after 30 mins
« on: November 17, 2017, 12:03:31 PM »
Have a client who is using Record A Call to record Ad hoc conferences in a Mitel 250 system with version 6.2 software.  Client is stating that the wav files being sent to their email addresses are only 30 mins long, even though the recorded conference call is longer than 30 mins. 

We have already lengthened the mailboxes to have no message length limit/mailbox limit, and extended the Rec A Call Timer to 120 minutes.

Usually the calls are within a single office, although sometimes they take place from 1 node to another. 

Any ideas?  Searched for a Conference Timer limit but couldn't find any timer that was set to 30 mins. 

Is there a max file size for the WAV attachment?

Thanks

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Recorded Confernce Call Email Attachement Stopping after 30 mins
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 02:35:06 PM »
jbbts,

There is a max time for recorded messages. By default the Maximum Message Capacity of a mailbox is 30 minutes; as you have found. You can set the timer to 0 and it will become unlimited for that mailbox.

I do not suggest doing that for all mailboxes. We typically will only do this for a single mailbox that is being used for recording conference calls as they can be fairly long; all others remain at default.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 03:30:36 PM »
Changed that setting to unlimited on the mailboxes previously, and the issue is still present.   Also changed the record a call timer to 120 mins.

Had the IT vendor expand the size of the attachment the email accounts will accept from 10M to 40M, still no change.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 04:23:07 PM »
jbbts,

I forgot about the Record-A-Call Max Message Length timer, but it seems you already did that as well.

If the users mailbox is set to maximum message capacity then how much room do they have left on their harddrive?

Thanks,

TE
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 04:25:41 PM by Tech Electronics »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 01:12:31 PM »
Two things are at play here... First is when you have a recording over 30 minutes, the conversion to WAV or MP3 takes exponentially longer, a 60 minute recording might take 45-120 minutes to re-encode for emailing, I have seen recordings around 2 hours take 4+ hours. The second is the attachment size allowed on the email server, both sending and receiving servers.

We started limiting any recording on a system without a PS-1 to 45 minutes, and 90 minutes on systems with a PS-1.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 07:49:17 PM by acejavelin »

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 08:31:43 AM »
We were aware that the conversion to WAV would take a while, and the messages are arriving, they are just limited to 30 minutes.

I have asked the client to provide more info, but haven't heard back.

We did have their IT vendor expand the file size limits in the email server to 40 Mb, it was previously at 10 Mb.  This doesn't appear to have solved the issue.

Have been through the timers a dozen times and they all look correct, and I am going to try and duplicate in house. 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 07:26:13 AM »
jbbts,

Hmm, I don't think that you are missing anything here. I would get a copy of their database and set it up in your lab if you have one and then try to recreate the issue. I wouldn't worry about it sending the e-mail as that isn't the problem. If you get it to record and it stops after 30 minutes then something else is going on, but you should be able to see it in the OAI stream. Are they on an unsupervised conference maybe; just throwing stuff out there now.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10