Author Topic: MiCollab for PC / Windows Desktop clients  (Read 8620 times)

Offline CraigB

• Contributer
    • View Profile
MiCollab for PC / Windows Desktop clients
« on: November 17, 2017, 11:56:57 AM »
What is the difference between the MiCollab for PC 8.0.17 client and the MiCollab Client for Windows Desktop 7.3.0.235?

Is the MiCollab for PC a new client that can run on Windows that is similar to the mobile client or is it something else?

If it's the new client, how do you install it?  Where (what path/url) do you get it from.

I see both are under Client Versions in the MiCollab Client Service Administration page.

Offline bigsin

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: MiCollab for PC / Windows Desktop clients
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 12:51:44 PM »
What is the difference between the MiCollab for PC 8.0.17 client and the MiCollab Client for Windows Desktop 7.3.0.235?

Is the MiCollab for PC a new client that can run on Windows that is similar to the mobile client or is it something else?

If it's the new client, how do you install it?  Where (what path/url) do you get it from.

I see both are under Client Versions in the MiCollab Client Service Administration page.
Pc cliënt is almost the samen as the. Mobile client. Provisining is also the samen. You can use the token from your welcome email.  Pc cliënt is not Supported in rds, citrix environments.   

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 01:38:03 AM »
The new MiCollab client (nextgen client) has the same look and feel as the newer mobile client.

At the moment there isn't feature parity between the old and the new client, so by default the link to the new client is not published in the deployment e-mail and has to be manually added.

Offline CraigB

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 08:44:50 AM »
Thanks for the info.

By going to MiCollab Client Deployment > Configuration tab > Deployment Email and adding the PC-Client tag [####winpc####] I was able to install the new 8.x client, instead of the default 7.x desktop client.

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 04:56:01 PM »
I just spent the last 2 hours trying to work this out!  Thought I'd found it when I found a tick box for 'Provision new MiCollab Client for PC' under MiCollab Client Service blade/Configure/Enterprise/Default Account Settings but none of the links were changing in either of the welcome or deployment emails.  I'm not sure if this setting is still needed?  Now I have amended the default deployment email I have the link for those that do not need the agro!

https://MiCollabServerName/ucs/dl/micollab_pc.msi

Offline Plainside

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 04:48:03 AM »
I just spent the last 2 hours trying to work this out!  Thought I'd found it when I found a tick box for 'Provision new MiCollab Client for PC' under MiCollab Client Service blade/Configure/Enterprise/Default Account Settings but none of the links were changing in either of the welcome or deployment emails.  I'm not sure if this setting is still needed?  Now I have amended the default deployment email I have the link for those that do not need the agro!

You just saved me 1,5 hours looking for this, thank you very much!

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 06:17:10 PM »

You just saved me 1,5 hours looking for this, thank you very much!

Glad I could help [emoji16]

Offline dferrari

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 10:05:50 PM »
In MiCollab 8 Release Notes v1.5, there is a table wih differences between legacy and new MiCollab Client.

PC and Legacy Desktop Client feature differences
Listed below are some key feature differences between the Legacy and the New PC Desktop Client.

(see attached table)

There are many less features in the new version. Console, for example, is no longer available.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2018, 06:57:47 PM »

Cool, I was just about to need to know that.
I don't suppose you happened to see where the Skyp plug-in .msi is located as well...?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2018, 09:27:46 PM »
You can ssh into the server and go to /usr/ucs/dl for the files.

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 05:41:12 AM »

Cool, I was just about to need to know that.
I don't suppose you happened to see where the Skyp plug-in .msi is located as well...?

For the Skype Plug In the URL is https://MiCollabServerName/ucs/dl/MitelMiVoiceForLync.msi  :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10