Author Topic: No answer call forward to cell phone - Leave voicemail on cell phone  (Read 3403 times)

Offline ginja

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I have a Mitel 3300 and am have a feature access code to allow users to setup their Mitel phones to forward to their cell phones on Call Forwarding - No Answer. That part seems to work fine, however, after X amount of time while rining on the cell phones, it always reverts back to the Mitel phones voicemail.

Is there a way to have it continue to ring on the forwarded cell phone so they are able to leave a voicemail on the cell phone itself rather than the Mitel phone?

Thanks!

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: No answer call forward to cell phone - Leave voicemail on cell phone
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 11:11:13 AM »
Change the call forward no answer timer. You need to create a new cos for this as it effects everyone with the said cos which may not suit others on the system. Allocate the extension to this new COS.

Offline ginja

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 05:48:55 PM »
Hi X-Man,

Thanks for the help. That seems to halfway work. After some testing, it seems that internal calls end up going to the Mitel voicemail (even though my cell phone does ring).  Calls originating externally end up making it to my cell phone voicemail.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 04:40:33 AM »
Check that call forward internal is not set in 'Call Forwarding'to voicemail (menu item is system programming.). I think you need to set it to normal in that and use only the phone based call forwarding

Offline ginja

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 09:40:34 AM »
Hi X-Man,

Thanks for the help again. I am not able to find the setting or the System Programming menu mentioned in the below post. I checked the System feature settings > system options, but it was not there.

menu items are shown in below pic.

https://imgur.com/eXcEVf3

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 09:59:41 AM »
Click on display alphabetically in the top right hand corner of that menu system nd look for Call forwarding 1st alternative.

Offline ginja

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 01:06:11 PM »
Doing so does not list a Call Forwarding 1st alternative. It does not even have a basic call forwarding option. There are Call Rerouting Always Alternatives, Call Routing First Alternatives, and Call Routing Second Alternatives?

In there I think I see what you were talking about in the previous posts.

https://imgur.com/a/5OewO

EDIT:

https://imgur.com/a/kHroW

Added image with more info. Not quite sure what all the different no answer options are (DID, Int, TIE, CO) and google is failing me atm. :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 01:17:15 PM by ginja »

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 01:49:09 PM »
Yes, sorry not very clear (I thought I had typed Call rerouting..).

Yes the 1st alternative routing is to voicemail. The different types are DID (direct dial in) Int (internal) CO (trunk) Tie (private connection between two systems) and a few more./Mostly they will all be set to 'This'.

So the call rerouting first alternative will re route to system VM  after the reroute timer expires. If this is sooner than the the call forward reroute timer then the call will go to system voicemail. Unless you want some calls to go to system voicemail then just set them all to normal. I suspect its something to do with the call setup time for mobile that is making the difference and causing the conflict. You can juggle the timers to make it work but its a long time since I did it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10