Author Topic: Mitel 3300 how to setup a UC360 conference phone  (Read 9439 times)

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
Mitel 3300 how to setup a UC360 conference phone
« on: November 08, 2017, 05:49:20 AM »
Hi,

I have a Mitel 3300 with dual ISDN30's. The sytem is running MiVoice Business 7.2 SP1.

I've got 5 Mitel UC 360 conference phones to setup. On the unit i can take the MAC address down. i locate a spare DN on my system and from the drop down of IP devices available i see one labelled as 'UC Endpoint' unsure if this is the correct label?

Device details tab - The MAC address field is greyed out when i select UC Endpoint as the device?

Do i start the configuration for the conference phone from the actual device it self or through the Mitel Business software?

The system runs on a VLAN on our computer network and the Mitel system issues DHCP addresses to our Mitel phones. If someone could please advise on what steps i need to take first that would be great. I can get into the admin features directly on the conference phone but i didnt think i'd need to configure any IP settings etc..? As our current phones just plug in and obtain an IP automatically...

Thanks in advance

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 how to setup a UC360 conference phone
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 06:57:47 AM »
armstr_a,

I have been creating them as 'Generic SIP' phones not UC Endpoints, and you won't need to manually add the MAC Address. When you setup your phone in the system just make sure that the SIP Password is set and I believe that SIP Capabilities 71 is already pre-configured to work with a UC 360. Then just give it a few multicall keys; at least 3-4 and it should be ready to go.

Then you would go into the UC 360 and tell it to turn on its VLAN settings if you are providing LLDP-MED or CDP, and if you aren't then just manually set it to the correct VLAN or change the port it is plugged into on your switch to be untagged for the voice VLAN. Then you just need to tell it where to find the MiVB system, put in the username [extension] and password [whatever you set it to] and the device should come online.

I don't have the menus of the UC 360 memorized as I don't install that many, but those are the basic steps necessary to make it work.

Thanks,

TE

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 08:21:52 AM »
Hi TE,

Thanks very much for your response this is most helpful. I've managed to configure the Mitel side of things with setting as a Generic SIP, a SIP password and have configured a few multi-calls.

The bit i seem to be struggling is that its on the network, and when i view the network details on the device it is picking up the 10.x computer network but not showing the 192.x vlan phone network? our computers piggy back through the 1Gb phone base module on our Mitel 5312 handsets and obtain a 10.x IP.
I can see that VLAN is ticked on the device. just everything seems to relate to the 10.x not the 192.x. I am abit cautious about manually inputting a 192. address as i dont want to cause issues elsewhere with already obtained IP's.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 09:05:25 AM »
armstr_a,

Did you put the VLAN ID inside the network settings? It sounds like you are not providing LLDP-MED or CDP on the port the phone is connected to. If manually setting the VLAN ID doesn't work then I will look for my UC 360 manual so I can see all of the settings that should be on the phone. By the way what version of software is it running?

Thanks,

TE

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 09:57:51 AM »
Hi,

Thanks very much for the update. unsure why but the system has now collected a 192.x IP address and i can call from the device. Was it essential to add the multi-call keys as at the moment i just generated random entries.

Thanks very much for your help with this.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 10:15:48 AM »
armstr_a,

Not a problem. Adding the multi-call keys is essential to allowing the UC 360 to make more than one call.

Thanks,

TE

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 07:34:54 PM »
Hi,

Thanks very much for the update. unsure why but the system has now collected a 192.x IP address and i can call from the device. Was it essential to add the multi-call keys as at the moment i just generated random entries.

Normally your multicall keys will have the same number as you prime number, not random.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 08:42:22 PM »
Also, I've found that until I manually set the correct Timezone on the UC360, it won't register.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10