Author Topic: Mitel 3300 Using 5340e phones  (Read 1489 times)

Offline gregoryhall

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 3300 Using 5340e phones
« on: November 02, 2017, 04:13:51 PM »
We have several standard user phones and several Hot Desk phones setup on a Mitel 3300 system and I have been asked to see if we can also add a Hot Desk feature/button to the standard user phones so that if any of our Hot Desk users temporarily sit at a desk that has a standard phone, they can push the Hot Desk button and then log into their Hot Desk profile. In testing, we created a Hot Desk button and set the Line Type to Hot Desking. But when we push the newly created button I get a "Not Allowed" message on the phone.

Is there a way that we can take a standard phone already assigned to an extension and setup a button on it to allow Hot Desk users to log into it? Then when they log off of Hot Desk, the phone goes right back to being a standard phone. Is there perhaps a COS that would allow me to do that? Or do Hot Desk configured and Standard configured phones have to remain separate?

Thank you

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 Using 5340e phones
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 07:44:30 PM »
There is a COS option to allow hotdesk login.
Once this is set one of the softkeys (top 3 rows) will be Hot Desk.

There is no need to create a button as it will automatically be there.

This is the same reason why you get "Not Allowed" as the COS does not allow hot desk login.

Offline gregoryhall

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 02:53:27 PM »
Please forgive me as I am fairly new to the Mitel 3300 system. I'm looking at the COS for a standard user and I see the section for Hot Desk. Within the Hot Desk section, I do see the settings below.

Green BLF Lamp for Logged in Hotdesk User   No
      Hot Desk External User - Allow Mid-Call Features   Yes
      Hot Desk External User - Answer Confirmation   No
      Hot Desk External User - Dial Tone on Call Complete    Yes
      Hot Desk External User - Permanent Login   No
      Hot Desk External User - Remote MWI Enable Feature Access Code   
      Hot Desk External User - Remote MWI Disable Feature Access Code   
      Hot Desk Login Accept   Yes
      Hot Desk Remote Logout Enabled   Yes

My thought is/was that Hot Desk Login Accept set to Yes would create this ability for a Hot Desk user to log into a standard setup phone, but no key is created and using the associated Feature Access Code still gives a "Not Allowed.

What am I missing to set this up?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 12:55:14 AM »
Correct, that would be the required option.

Are you sure the phones have the same COS that has this option enabled? That should be the only requirement if it is already working.
I assume it is working on the system with other handsets?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 09:36:28 AM »
We have had issues like this when the firmware doesn't update for some reason... Do you see a "TFTP Failure... Continuing boot" or similar message during boot?

Offline gregoryhall

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 11:37:21 AM »
sarond, The way or COS are setup is they are applied to the user's account and not the phone/hardware. At least that's how I see it when I'm looking at the phone number/associated user account via MiVoice Business application. The COS I included earlier is actually what my account is tied to.

acejavelin, I rebooted my phone and I didn't see any kind of errors. After looking at the physical phone and going into Settings/About 5340e IP phone, I see the release, load, hardware rev, and icp rev. Where do I compare within the phone system itself to locate the firmware?

Again, I apologize, I'm still very new to the Mitel phone system.

Thank you

Offline gregoryhall

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 11:44:55 AM »
sarond, also, The Hot Desk option is not working on any standard phone setup. It used to and there used to be a "Hot Desk" feature button on the standard phones, but we are unsure as to when it disappeared. It may have been when we updated the entire phone system to the latest version several months ago. But it was never an issue until it was decided we needed to use that feature just recently. We do have several phones that are setup as Hot Desk phones and those work perfectly fine.

Thank you,

Gregory Hall

Offline gregoryhall

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 11:53:55 AM »
UPDATE: as far s the COS, when I also look at the user profile via Server Manager, under User and Services, within Advanced Phone Settings, the phone is tied to the same COS that my account is seen in the MiVoice Business, Users and Services Configuration....

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 01:28:47 PM »
Hot desk users must have the following Class of Service Options enabled:

HCI/CTI/TAPI Call Control Allowed

HCI/CTI/TAPI Monitor Allowed

Also they cannot be ACD sets.

Offline gregoryhall

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 01:45:29 PM »
ZuluAlpha,

Yes for all ACD/Hot Desk users, those options are enabled via COS. What I am trying to accomplish is to have a feature key/button available on a standard user's phone that would allow a Hot Desk user the ability to press a button/key that would allow them to log into to their Hot Desk profile on that standard user's phone. Then when they log out of their Hot Desk profile, the phone would simply go back to being a standard user's phone. This gives the ACD/Hot Desk user the ability to float from desk to desk if necessary.

Thank you,

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2017, 01:56:21 PM »
Is the Hot Desk softkey at the top of the phones?

Offline gregoryhall

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2017, 02:04:40 PM »
Not on the standard user's phones. On the phones specifically setup for Hot Desk users it is.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2017, 07:29:37 PM »
sarond, also, The Hot Desk option is not working on any standard phone setup. It used to and there used to be a "Hot Desk" feature button on the standard phones, but we are unsure as to when it disappeared. It may have been when we updated the entire phone system to the latest version several months ago. But it was never an issue until it was decided we needed to use that feature just recently. We do have several phones that are setup as Hot Desk phones and those work perfectly fine.

Thank you,

Gregory Hall

What happens if you set the COS to be the same as the phones that are set as hotdesk phones?

Offline gregoryhall

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2017, 09:25:08 AM »
I tried that this morning with a couple of standard phones and it messed up the softkeys/button being seen on the phones and no Hot Desk softkey appeared.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10