Author Topic: Is it possible to change Auto Answer time?  (Read 1820 times)

Offline monceken

• View Profile
Is it possible to change Auto Answer time?
« on: October 27, 2017, 03:02:44 AM »
Hi everyone;
We are using Mitel 3300 in our customer. They have some ACD Agents and they use Auto Answer feature. Is it possible to change Auto Answer time of the system? Thanks for your interest...

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to change Auto Answer time?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 06:15:06 AM »
I don't believe you can adjust the time before auto answering.
It is 1 second audible ring and then the call is answered.

Offline StevenH510

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 10:41:14 AM »
Good afternoon,

I thought I'd just quickly raise this one again just in case there has been a software release since this date that you can adjust the Auto Answer timer?

I've got the same problem with our ACD configuration and have come across an issue with Mitel Contact Centre 8.1.3.0 not working with whispers in Agent workflows with Mitel 3300 MXE controllers, a work around for us would be to extend the Auto answer timer on the 3300 if possible, if not possible on the 3300 platform, is it possible on the Mitel ISS VM platform?

Thanks

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 07:39:51 PM »
Auto Answer is just that, why would one think it would do something else?

Offline StevenH510

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 04:16:44 AM »
Hi John,

I understand that, just thought I'd ask the question as our clients are having issues with the ACD agent workflows within the 3300 & MiContactCentre and looking at it from a techy point of view, wondered whether there might be a timer associated with Auto Answer to allow us to announce the call with a bit more notice to agents. I get Auto Answer is what it is, but to be honest I'm just fishing for solutions.

Thanks

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 08:10:22 AM »
I've never tried this.
What happens if you set the prime line to "Delay Ring"?

Ralph

Offline StevenH510

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 10:28:19 AM »
Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the reply,

So to confirm, -> Multiline Set Keys -> Directory number of ACD agent & set ring type to 'Delay Ring'.

With auto answer not enabled, it did display the call for 5 seconds on my 5330 before ringing (this is the time set in the ACD agents COS) and the call rang and answered as normal.

With auto answer enabled, sadly it just behaved as normal, rang the phone for half a ring & then connected through to the end user. It didn't present the call to the 5330 silently and delay, so it's almost like it bypasses the 'Ring Type' when Auto answer is enabled.

Bit of a hard one :-\, we're a medium sized site with 1000 extensions, so as you can imagine we get some interesting requests :)

Thanks

Steve

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 10:57:16 AM »
I was re-reading the thread.
I guess I don't understand what "Whispers" is.
Can you describe exactly what's going on?

Ralph

Offline StevenH510

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 11:31:12 AM »
Hi Ralph,

Sorry I've probably got my wires crossed in the terminology so I'll explain the full picture, hopefully you might just be able to guide me in the right direction. My background is with various contact centre solutions so I'll be getting my wording wrong, apologies.

We have a cluster of 3300 MXe's & 3300 VM's running MCD 7.2 SP1 & MiContactCentre 8.1.3.0. Within our Contact centre, we have agent workflows configured that provides the agent with a 'whisper announcement' this being a voice identifier within the agents headset of queue name of the call they are being presented with identified from the DNIS. The way this SHOULD work is the agents 5330 will ring (with Auto Answer & headset enabled), this will ring in the headset once, answer, then play the whisper announcement to the agent of the line the caller has come in on while the caller hears music, then connect the call to the agent & presto, but this stopped working, and instead of playing the announcement to the agent, it just puts the call straight through with just half a ring in the headset as a indication as a call is coming, this is something our agents have raised isn't good enough & they need to know the route the caller as taken, etc.

We have the issue raised directly with our suppliers, but as I'm more experienced with the MCD 3300's than MiContactCentre, I was interested if there was a work around to increase the number of rings on auto answer, or another solution maybe with ring groups or ACD paths within the 3300 that I can give an agent more notice of an incoming call to their headsets than half a ring.

Hope I've made sense? :) Thank you for reading

Cheers

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 07:57:23 AM »
So if I'm understanding this correctly,
The agent hears a long ring, then "Service Name", then is connected with the caller.

If I've read that right then it's not a problem with the Mitel but you already knew that.

Changing the rings wont help you.
What's happening is that the Whisper Announce is releasing the call before getting answer supervision or it's not even trying to do the Whisper Announce.

If you turn off auto answer does it work?  I'm thinking no.

I'm wondering if the call is hitting the ACD path and it's getting answered there.  If Whisper Announce hit an ACD queue and a RAD plays to it, it may think it was answered.  If there's a RAD in that ACD path, take it out and retest.

One thing that's throwing me is that you seemed to indicate that when it was working the agent heard a full ring.  Now it's a half ring.  It's been a while since I've played with auto answer but I think the half ring is how it's supposed to work.  That would suggest to me that Whisper Sync was doing something other than a supervised transfer.  Direct Page maybe?  I don't know what would do that.

Ralph

Offline StevenH510

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 10:54:51 AM »
Sorry for the delay in answering this, got railroaded into another project.

You are correct in the understanding, but Whisper announce isn't working correctly in our opinion (I'm going to post a question in the Mitel CCM forum on this one).

I attempted to take out the RAD in the ACD path, and although the auto answer worked perfectly, it was deemed that it didn't give the agent enough time to answer the call correctly. So it looks like it's back to the drawing board with us on the design of our Contact centre until we can find a way to deliver the calls to the agents with enough notice for them to act on the call & gain access to the required systems.

Thank you :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10