Author Topic: Dynamic Extension stops ringing desk after 1 ring  (Read 982 times)

Offline b_hackbarth

• View Profile
Dynamic Extension stops ringing desk after 1 ring
« on: October 23, 2017, 02:35:04 PM »
Hello-

I have a site that, when Dynamic ext is enabled, it rings the desk destination for about 1 ring or so, then it quits at the desk and continues on to the mobile destination.  They are programmed as the same routing step for 30 seconds, then the 2nd routing step is the Voice Processor voicemail.

If I change the set's Outgoing extension to a single loop start trunk, it rings correctly for the full duration.  If I change it to a Trunk Group with more than 1 trunk or ARS, it does not.   I cycled through all the available loop starts by putting one as the outgoing extension, and testing each one, and each trunk works by itself.   But not in a trunk group.   I know, loopstarts are not ideal for Dynamic extension.  But, they have enough trunks to pull it off.

I've never seen it before.  Software is 6.0 SP3 PR3

Offline jmorgan121

• View Profile
Re: Dynamic Extension stops ringing desk after 1 ring
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 08:18:23 PM »
Might sound silly, but I've had the same problem before. Only started after I disabled Human Answer Supervision so the person wouldn't have to press # when their mobile rang. I put Human Answer Supervision back on and it works correctly. Haven't really had time to contact Mitel on why that was the problem.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Dynamic Extension stops ringing desk after 1 ring
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 08:46:29 PM »
Your carrier is sending an answer signal to the PBX for some reason, so it is stopping ringing the desk set because it things the call was answered by the mobile.

This user doesn't happen to have custom ringback tones do they?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10