Author Topic: What's new in 6.3  (Read 11829 times)

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What's new in 6.3
« on: October 23, 2017, 09:34:42 AM »
What's New in this Release?
Release 6.3
This section briefly describes the new features, hardware, and enhancements available on the MiVoice Office 250 when equipped with the v6.3 software release.

Support of 6900 SIP phones with MiVoice Office Application Suite 5.1
Mitel 6920, 6930 and 6940 SIP Phones are supported in conjunction with MiVO AppSuite 5.1. For further information, refer to the MiVoice AppSuite 5.1 documentation.

The MiVoice Office 250 R6.3 supports additional SIP extension and trunk features, handset flags, and security improvements.

Divert/Accept UCD Calls, when using SIP devices
SIP devices now support the Hunt Group Remove/Replace feature. Incoming calls to Hunt Groups containing SIP devices can be diverted by using the feature code (322 HG Remove, 323 HG Replace, 324 Toggle HG Remove/Replace).

SIP Reverse Transfer
Calls on hold or ringing at a SIP device can now be picked-up (Reverse Transfer).

Direct Page
Direct Page is an enhancement to the existing Page feature, which allows you to page to the loudspeaker of an individual IP/ Digital Phone instead of a whole Paging Zone.

To configure an IP/ Digital Phone as a destination for Direct Page the phone must be assigned to a Paging Zone, which has the Use zone for Direct Page option enabled (This is disabled by default).

A Direct Page is then activated by dialing 7 (Default Feature Code for Paging), followed by the configured Paging Zone, and then the extension number of the phone you want to Direct Page.

Direct Page can only be activated by Phones that have the Initiate Direct Page flag set to Yes.

Analog and SIP phones cannot receive a Direct Page, but can initiate a Direct Page to an IP/ Digital Phone.

Flexible SIP Header Configuration to SIP Trunk Provider
There are new fields available in the SIP Trunk Group configuration that allows to define which Caller ID information is sent to the SIP provider.

Restricted CLI in SIP Header
The caller identification can be withheld within the SIP header.

Display only Caller Identification instead of Transfer Information
A new Phone flag allows you to suppress transfer information and instead display caller identification and name when the incoming call is ringing.

Alternate Lamp Indication on Phone/ PKM Keys
A new system flag allows you to change the default lamp indications.

Release Key
The Release Key can be assigned to any programmable key (including PKM) and allows you to release a call in progress.

Notification of no Primary or Local Attendant Configured
The Primary or local Attendant is important to system behavior. When a user unintentionally removes these from the Database configuration, a warning message appears.

SSL Certificate
You can generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) and then upload/ import a customer’s own Certificate.

Security Updates
New OpenSSL version 1.0.2l

Improvements have been made to the existing Firewall, including the ability to save and restore settings. Firewall configuration options have been extended to include the PS-1.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What's new in 6.3
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 02:27:26 PM »
NTEDave,

Are you crazy enough to do a beta site?!?!

Nice,

TE

Offline b_hackbarth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 02:40:42 PM »
If anyone learned any lessons from 6.0 and 6.2, never run the initial releases anywhere except at the bench.  Fine to test it there, but don't let your customers "test" it.

Also, full backups before each upgrade.  Back in the pre-6.0 days you could be lazy about this, but not anymore.  You might find your DB default, corrupt, VM disconnected, or your chassis identifying as "CS Controller"  when it is really HX until you do a default DB.  I had this happen at a large site with 10 controllers. Each one needed special attention + Mitel tech support to get going again due to defects in the load they were at.  Never had that happen in the 5.x days and before

Offline BlackSunshine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 10:26:23 PM »
Why Why Why no MWi to a key? Boggles my mind to still not have Message Indicator Key on a modern phone system...but we did get a Release Key

Offline b_hackbarth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 03:25:25 AM »
Why Why Why no MWi to a key? Boggles my mind to still not have Message Indicator Key on a modern phone system...but we did get a Release Key

Wouldn't that be nice?  I don't think that will ever happen on this system. The first and main reason is the Voice Processor. It's code hasn't changed hardly at all since the Axxess days. It is a separate entity from Call Processing.  It doesn't know any extensions unless there is a mailbox or an extension ID to tie it with.  To light a key would require a line appearance that voice processor could "light" under the message wait selection of a mailbox.  This ability is absent in voice processor since only a phantom or a physical device can be chosen here, so the correct MWI protocol (MiNET, etc) is used.  It cannot use any other form of MWI. Also defining an arbitrary single line appearance on a key, is absent in Call Processing, not being a true PBX but more of a hybrid key system.   Unfortunately other forms of MWI (analog, FSK, DC/AC) will also never appear in this system.

The release key takes me back to warm memories of working on Nortel systems.  Those are the only customers I ever met who understood the release key. Teaching it to console attendants for Mitel is always an adventure.

Offline BlackSunshine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 07:39:10 AM »
I know it’s Apple and oranges but Mitel 200 ICP and Mitel 3300 both have partitioned voicemails similar to Mitel 250...and you can add them all day long...plus you can add Nupoint Voicemail to 250 but still no Message Indicator Key.  We have lost sells because of that.

Release key was way overdue too and we replace lots of Norstar systems

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 03:36:51 PM »
I honestly can't see myself wasting a button for a Release key.

Offline BlackSunshine

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 04:08:40 PM »

You don’t have to waste a key if you can do features without special key...you can reprogram circle x or infinity key with release key

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 05:54:52 PM »
I will never install a system without requiring the Special key for feature codes. Been there, done that, got the bruises.

Offline b_hackbarth

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 06:48:31 PM »
I know it’s Apple and oranges but Mitel 200 ICP and Mitel 3300 both have partitioned voicemails similar to Mitel 250...and you can add them all day long...plus you can add Nupoint Voicemail to 250 but still no Message Indicator Key.  We have lost sells because of that.

Release key was way overdue too and we replace lots of Norstar systems

The 200ICP and the 3300 use the exact same embedded VM platform, express messenger. That code also hasn't changed much in 30 years. They just ported it to work on the 3300.   But yes, can change the light destination to a single line and make a MWI to a single line, or change the light destination to a phone. This is made possible because he 200ICP and 3300 are true PBXs.  The 250 is closer to a key system.

Granted there are plenty of key systems out there they can do a MWI button.  I think we agree it would be a nice feature to have, but I doubt it will appear on the 250. Maybe a nice surprise one day

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2017, 06:29:36 PM »
What license is required for the 6900 set?

Offline BlackSunshine

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 10:17:44 PM »

If I’m not mistaken 6900 sets require phone manager and license per 6900 set if not in SIP Mode

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2017, 11:23:17 PM »

You don’t have to waste a key if you can do features without special key...you can reprogram circle x or infinity key with release key
You still need a special key to activate features in-call...

Offline BlackSunshine

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2017, 12:56:51 PM »

[/quote]
You still need a special key to activate features in-call...
[/quote]

Yes correct...Sorry

Offline BlackSunshine

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2017, 12:59:53 PM »

If I’m not mistaken 6900 sets require phone manager and license per 6900 set if not in SIP Mode

Sorry.... Mivoice Office Application Suite is require for 6900 series phones in SIP mode....MiNet not available

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10