Author Topic: Propagate Original Caller ID based on number dialled  (Read 1984 times)

Offline CompuSolutions

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Propagate Original Caller ID based on number dialled
« on: October 16, 2017, 09:55:03 PM »
We have an incoming ISDN trunk with a 100 number direct in dial range. (2222 2200 - 2222 2299)

I am trying to adjust the setting to Propagate the original caller ID based on the incoming dialled number.

The incoming CO Trunk Group is set to
Calling Party Number : 2222 2200
Calling Part Name : Empty
Propagate Original Caller ID : Yes .. NOTE: that this setting is marked with disabled icon.
Day/Night Ring In Type : Call Routing Table 2

After checking and re-checking the help information I do not think any of the above settings are relevant (with the exception of Call Routing Table 2 - see below)

Call Routing Table 2 Pattern 1
Pattern : <2222 2200>
Description : Empty
Ring-In Destination : 2200

Call Routing Table 2 Pattern 2
Pattern : <2222 2250>
Description : Override
Ring-In Destination : 2250

With the above settings I think that when the 2222 2200 is dialled, the original number is displayed.  This is working ok.  When 2222 2250 is dialled, the correct station is called however the original caller id is still displayed.  With the above settings I would have thought that the text "Override" would have been displayed on phone station 2250

Any hints on where I am going wrong here?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Propagate Original Caller ID based on number dialled
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 05:20:54 AM »
A simple solution would be to send it to a CRA with no recording and timeout to 2250 (your destination)
Name the CRA "Override"
The extension will then show on the LCD that it is transferred from "Override"

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Propagate Original Caller ID based on number dialled
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 06:53:25 AM »
CompuSolutions,

If you set the Calling Party Name and Number to be used then it will Override anything that is sent out of that CO Trunk Group; it is the exact opposite of Propagate Caller ID. If you want to Propagate Caller ID out to your users cell or home phone, which is the only applications for Propagation of Caller ID, then just turn off sending out Calling Party Name and Number.

So you are correct in the fact that the only thing your setup is doing is looking at the Call Routing Table 2 to route its inbound calls for both Day and Night. For all Outbound calls through the CO Trunk Group it will send 2222 2200 regardless of what you have for the CPN Substitution on the users phone or the Inbound Caller ID to be propagated out of the system.

So are you trying to send the original caller ID out of your system or are you trying to notify your internal users what number was called by displaying something on their endpoint?

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10