Author Topic: Configuring MCD - Mitel TA7108 ATA  (Read 3533 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Configuring MCD - Mitel TA7108 ATA
« on: October 10, 2017, 08:53:30 AM »
Guys,

Does anyone have a document that explains how to configure the 3300 to work with the Mitel TA7108 ATA. I downloaded the SIP CoE document, but it says I need IP User licenses not Single Line licenses to make it work. I remember there was a change to this not long ago, but I don't have a document that explains how to configure the 3300 for this setup.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Configuring MCD - Mitel TA7108 ATA
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 08:26:16 PM »
Guys,

Does anyone have a document that explains how to configure the 3300 to work with the Mitel TA7108 ATA. I downloaded the SIP CoE document, but it says I need IP User licenses not Single Line licenses to make it work. I remember there was a change to this not long ago, but I don't have a document that explains how to configure the 3300 for this setup.

Thanks,

TE
Single Line licenses are as of 8.0... if it is that or later, you can substitute those for SIP devices, it happens automatically, nothing you need to do special I am aware of except have 8.0 or newer software. Note that prior to 8.0, there were no Single Line licenses, they were Analog or IP.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 11:55:48 AM »
Alright, I finally got this working with the main controller, but could never get it to work with the failover; oh well. Anyway, to answer my first question you set it up for Full Service and then if you check the Single Line box it will use a Single Line license if one is available otherwise it will use a Full IP License.

The two issues I currently have, at the moment, are as follows:

1. The ATA is connected to an elevator that doesn't just has a phone with a hookswitch; it can't dial digits. They need to have the ATA dial the digits when it sees the phone go off-hook, but I do not see anything in the programming of the ATA that allows for that. I did try setting up the MCD as a Hotline for that device, but if the ATA doesn't see any digits it doesn't send an INVITE and therefore the Hotline feature is never activated.

2. The conference phones that are attached to the ATA can dial out fine, but once the call is connected it no longer passes DTMF.

If anyone has run into either one of these scenarios and found a solution or if you just know the answer I would appreciate it. I am used to the AudioCodes MP-1XX devices which never seem to have these issues.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 08:32:45 AM »
Guys,

I have this sorted now.

1. The ATA is connected to an elevator that doesn't just has a phone with a hookswitch; it can't dial digits. They need to have the ATA dial the digits when it sees the phone go off-hook, but I do not see anything in the programming of the ATA that allows for that. I did try setting up the MCD as a Hotline for that device, but if the ATA doesn't see any digits it doesn't send an INVITE and therefore the Hotline feature is never activated.

Answer: Automatic Call or Delayed Hotline both work for this function. They are under Telephony > Services

2. The conference phones that are attached to the ATA can dial out fine, but once the call is connected it no longer passes DTMF.

Answer: I finally figured this one out as well. In Mitel's ultimate wisdom they moved some the functions around form the Mediatrix, but I found where they keep the DTMF information.

Under Media > Misc you will find DTMF Transport. Set this to Out-of-Band using RTP instead what it defaults to Out-of-Band using SIP. Then set you DTMF Payload to 101 and viola it works.

Once I get my document together on how to configure these for the 3300 I will post it here.

Thanks,

TE

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 01:00:56 PM »
I was working on one yesterday, the need was to be able to transfer a call but appear busy if on a call. Found that an additional lmulticall and turning off the call waiting accomplishes this.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 10:34:09 AM »
johnp,

So you had a total of 3 multicall keys or just 2? How did you turn off call waiting?

Thanks,

TE

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 12:17:10 PM »
Guys,

Here is the first, and hopefully final, draft of the document I created. If you don't mind looking it over and providing some thoughts, changes and/or additions, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

TE

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 05:15:27 PM »
Had the prime and 1 multi, this was for a PSAP non emergency line connection. The lines were in a terminal ring group and they were having issues on inbound. The setting was under telephony services. They are using a 7102.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10