Author Topic: Output to Syslog Server  (Read 3238 times)

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Output to Syslog Server
« on: October 04, 2017, 05:06:32 PM »
I have a customer not happy with the 1000 limit on logs. They are requesting the 3300 logging be outputted to a syslog server. Is this possible??

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Output to Syslog Server
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 06:08:16 AM »
From the What's New in Release 8:

Security logs and Audit Trail logs generated by MiVoice Business are now integrated into the LINUX Syslog framework. For more details, see Appendix H in the Technician's Handbook.

The relevant section:

ABOUT THE MSPLOGCLIENT
MSPLogClient is a LINUX Red Hat service that collects logs from MiVoice Business and sends them to the LINUX syslog server for viewing and analysis.

So yeah, the word 'syslog' is used but I don't think the MiVB itself is a syslog agent - it looks like msplogclient polls MiVB with ... some mechanism ... and sends the resulting logs with syslog. The THB does not detail what protocols are used and what ports are required to be open, in which direction.

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Output to Syslog Server
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 02:25:36 PM »
This is what I was looking for, answered else ware:

You can direct logs and Real Time Events to remote applications by setting up TCP/IP Output Streaming from the remote application.
 Tip: The remote application must act as a TCP/IP client. The default setting is three sockets; maximum setting is ten sockets for each application.
 TCP/IP Output Streaming Settings
 SOCKET NUMBER
 1750 Software logs
 1751 Maintenance logs
 1752 SMDR logs

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10