Author Topic: ACD Call Questions  (Read 1012 times)

Offline cpres

• Contributer
    • View Profile
ACD Call Questions
« on: September 21, 2017, 04:08:16 PM »
Hello everyone I was wondering if someone could possibly provide some guidance on this ACD question.   We have a queue that has about 15 agents, and they make several outbound calls, but they are also part of a queue and get inbound calls.  Several agents have said they are not getting any inbound calls.  What I have noticed is that anyone who makes a large amount of outbound calls will have less inbound calls.

My question is what is the priority of who gets the next inbound call.  Is it based on idle time, or time since the last event (which could have been an outbound call).  Is there a way to change the way priority of who gets the calls?

Just to let you know there is no type of Skill Levels setup on the queue, so everyone should equally get the calls.

Thank you for your assistance.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ACD Call Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 12:14:11 PM »
You could use different skill groups and then put skill group timers in the queue to make sure some agents are getting first shot at the inbound calls. However, quantity is never going to be even because some calls are longer than others, outbound calls, extension to extension calls etc.

Idle time determines who gets the next call and an event like an outbound call or make busy does reset the idle timer. I don't think there's a way to modify that in the MCD via class of service or the ACD settings because the agent isn't really idle.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10