Author Topic: Mitel 470 phone number synchronisation with ERP  (Read 2157 times)

Offline JesseJ

• View Profile
Mitel 470 phone number synchronisation with ERP
« on: September 12, 2017, 04:48:31 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm a first timer on this forum (I hope I've come to the right place).

Through a strange chain of circumstances I have found myself undertaking the task of synchronising our ERP data with a mitel 470 server.

Initially I thought the challenge here would be the retrieval of the phone data from the ERP program but now that's long been done I find myself strangely stuck trying to get the phone data into mitel 470. I've made a script to get the desired data out of our ERP system so I can basically producie it in any required format, but still I can't get it to work. Mostly because.. I don't know what the mite 470 accepts.

At this point I'd settle for uploading the 17k phone numbers manually through the import export function (through excel) but upon trying that I get the error that no abbreviated numbers are set?

If anyone knows how I can synchronise ' <NAME> - <Phonenumber> ' with the server then I'd be ever so gratefull.

The launch of the system is getting ever closer and I'm truly hoping to get this done.

Thank you in advance for any and all trouble taken,

-Jesse

Offline bojo387

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 470 phone number synchronisation with ERP
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 10:13:43 AM »
17K to use as a directory numbers? You need the OIP to connect to external directories which can accomodate that many.

Using the Public Phonebook function in the 470 only allows up to 1000 entries. And those are abbreviated dialling numbers. Export the sheet, fill it in, then import. Mandatory fields are the Abbreviated number and the call number.

If you want to use csv to import:

BR/Bojo

Offline JesseJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 03:14:18 AM »
Hey there bojo, thank you for your response.

I have indeed come to the same conclusion, in that the abbreviated numbers is not a solution.

Right now I'm trying to use the (java) JDBCPhonebookdriver to get my task done, unfortunately I cannot find where to enter the ODBC settings in the a470 , we've upgraded to the latest firmware and I fear the table shown in the menu has dissapeared outright.

Any idea where I can find it or what I should do next?

So far the supplier has wholly failed in answering or supplying basic answers/software to what I can only assume is a standard function of a phone server.

I'd really like to get this in the air (as the a470 itself is now running and people are using the officesuit etc., the benefit of a phonebook would launch this project into full win).

I appreciate any and all help guys!

Offline bojo387

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 04:02:57 AM »
Hey JesseJ,

Use the OIP Server to connect to external directories. (license required)

Here's a screenshot from the OIP WebAdmin:

BR/Bojo

Offline JesseJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 02:33:11 AM »
Hey there bojo,

first off thank you for your response.

Indeed I've come to the same conclusion that the application server itself had the settings for the odbc directory, I didn't come to this realisation because some prankster decided to change the password for the admin login.

However now that's been solved I've hit another snag, the driver on the phonebook on the odbc side won't install.

First I had to download JRE 7 which was not included in the software package, so I had to track this down on the oracle website. That got rid of the error at the start of the installer, however I fear something is still going wrong with the java part of this plan as I'm getting this popup: https://imgur.com/Wl4NFPS

All this is happening with the driver labeled as 'old' (it says in brackets however that it is the driver required for reading of the excel file).

I can't say much about this system just yet other than that it's not been exactly a smooth ride for me getting it to run with what still seems to me as a rather basic function of a communication server.

Anyhoo, thank you for your continued support fellas - I truly appreciate it.

Offline bojo387

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 10:54:08 AM »
Have you tried the Java from the OIP installations?

BR/Bojo

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10