Author Topic: Phone Manager Network setup  (Read 2720 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Phone Manager Network setup
« on: September 06, 2017, 09:52:08 AM »
I am setting up a test environment for Phone Manager in our office, but the issue I am having is with the networking... The VLAN used for our normal data cannot talk to the VLAN with the MiVoice Office 250, and I can setup the server running Phone Manager with 2 NICs (one on each VLAN) but do the clients need to be able to talk directly to the MiVO250 or just the server?

Meaning if my client PC is on VLAN 10, the MiVoice Office 250 is on VLAN 60, and the Phone Manager Server has a NIC connected to each VLAN will this work if VLAN 10 cannot talk to VLAN 60?

Offline magnus

• View Profile
Re: Phone Manager Network setup
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 11:29:03 AM »
I am not sure off the top of my head if the Phone manager will talk using a network port that is not registered to. Since it registers the MAC.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 12:02:13 PM »
Acejavelin,

The clients only need to talk to the server and the server needs to be able to talk to the MiVO-250. The SIP portion on the other hand may have an issue.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 01:30:32 PM »
The client will connect to the data VLAN NIC, but keep the information in client keeps getting changed to the "correct" NIC on the MiVO VLAN then the clients won't reconnect.

I am going to have to rethink my setup here since I need to config Call Recording too, and that means I will need the second NIC for the mirror port (I think).

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 06:24:12 AM »
The Clients talk to the Server, unless they are running softphone then they talk to the 250 as well.

You will need the mirror if you are running Call Recording on SIP Endpoints, if you are just recording Mitel endpoints you can just use the Record a Call feature and no mirroring required.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 08:20:35 AM »
The Clients talk to the Server, unless they are running softphone then they talk to the 250 as well.

You will need the mirror if you are running Call Recording on SIP Endpoints, if you are just recording Mitel endpoints you can just use the Record a Call feature and no mirroring required.
Oh? I setup an extension and tried the Record-A-Call feature and it didn't work (no recording in the server) so I just assumed I needed a mirror port. I kind of sidelined this project for now with other things going on.

As far as the clients talk to server thing, very true, except the PM server keeps changing the IP address the clients talk to... I put in 10.10.11.195 (it's IP on the data network VLAN NIC) and the client connects, but on the next connection the client makes it tries to connect to 10.10.60.20 (it's 2nd NIC IP address on the MiVO VLAN). Seems it's populating automatically for some reason.

Anyway, going to play with it in my "spare time" and probably do the certification in the next few weeks, might make more sense then...

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 05:18:08 PM »
The IP Addresses for the internal connection and the external NAT connection has to be configured on the server under Phone Manager Desktop / Locations. On the PM client under settings you need to tell the client it is static and it's a local connection (if it is) There's also another field where the IP has to be configured on the server, I think it was under the actual Server Field.

The 250 needs SIP Voicemail licenses and a SIP Record a Call Application creating that talks to the Mitel Phone Manager server, so what happens is a call comes in and the Record A Call feature is automatically invoked on the handset and records to the server. This doesn't work for SIP End Points so if you have any to record this is where you will need a mirror setting up.

It's easy to configure but a bit too involved to write out on a forum, the manual spells it out how to configure it all up.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10