Author Topic: MiCollab 7.3 user password issue  (Read 3488 times)

Offline Jerm79

• Contributer
    • View Profile
MiCollab 7.3 user password issue
« on: August 29, 2017, 04:38:21 PM »
Good Afternoon,

Hoping I can get an idea from the brains here. I have a password conflict issue with a user and their MiCollab account.

We have a MAS cluster with MiCollab 7.3, with IDS tied to Active Directory. One user apparently used the 'Change Password' option in the MiCollab client. Now whenever MiCollab launches for them, the client prompts them to change their password. They have tried every combination they know of, and when they called our Helpdesk they subsequently changed her AD password, uninstalled/reinstalled the client to no avail.

When I got the ticket escalated to me, I went through the same steps as the Helpdesk, and even blew out her MAS profile and rebuilt her (resynched from the directory services etc.,). Still no change .. whenever she launches MiCollab (even on a different PC) the client stops her at the Change Password dialogue box.

Is there anything I should look at deeper in MAS, or in the workstation somewhere to force MiCollab to ignore the previous pw change attempt and to go back to using her AD credentials?

Thanks,

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: MiCollab 7.3 user password issue
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 09:54:59 PM »
On her local machine, she has a MiCollab client local profile which you can blow away to solve some rare issues.
--> Close MiCollab Client, use the Search box to find %APPDATA%, go to the Mitel folder and delete/rename the UC folder then restart MiCollab Client.

Also, you can test it yourself - when you change your AD password while MiCollab Client is running, there is a delay (3 hours in my test) then MiCollab cottons on to the change of password and logs you out of MiCollab, when you try to log back in it accepts neither your old nor your new AD password. This persists (4 minutes and 32 seconds in my test) for a while and then login is successful with the new password.

I am unsure whether the delay between changing the AD password and the MiCollab Cliwent logging you off is in any way tied to when the AD sync in MiCollab next occurs.

Offline javaman34

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: MiCollab 7.3 user password issue
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 10:59:00 AM »
Thank you this had solved my issues.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10