Author Topic: Visualized MCD play environments  (Read 2871 times)

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Visualized MCD play environments
« on: January 19, 2011, 10:03:43 PM »
  I'd love to do this.  Not only have a couple on our ESXi cluster, but even running under VMWare workstation/server on my laptop.  If nothing else just to have one with me for looking up what forms stuff is on so I can post answers here :)

Anyone tried just loading it up on any ole VMWare box?  I'll beat on Mitel for licenses if required.  PS: Cisco lets you do this and gives a very limited number of licenses when you do it.  Enough to test....

-Chak

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Visualized MCD play environments
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 07:31:20 AM »
You have to have a VM cert to get the licensing required from Mitel to make this happen. They have a "virtual enable license" for all of their multi-instance platforms (don't look for that description as I made it up). Without it nothing works.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 10:33:37 AM »
We've done it. Got ESX loaded onto an HP server last July and have MCD, and two windows 2008 instances on it. Only down side is that to get all the effects, you need to have two hardcore servers, and a NAS to store everything on. Plus there's the cost of the Vmware.

Offline MitelUK2010

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 07:47:28 PM »
Ive done this using Sun (oracle) virtual box. i have an instance of MCD for ISS running off of an external hard drive. Obviously being USB 2 it can be slow but i have had phones hanging off it. Ive also used the same SW to run MAS and had the ability to call from the MCD4ISS into NuPoint.

Very useful for referance.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10