Author Topic: Can't fwd VM to new phone extension  (Read 4633 times)

Offline dan231

• View Profile
Can't fwd VM to new phone extension
« on: July 20, 2017, 05:10:26 PM »
I setup a new phone extension at a branch location. I am not able to forward a vm to this extension.  I get an error that this is not a valid extension.  Did I miss a flag or setting?

Offline dan231

• View Profile
Re: Can't fwd VM to new phone extension
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 05:22:49 PM »
This is what I am doing. 

After listening to a message, you have the following options:
Press 1 to replay the message from the beginning.

Press 3 to forward a copy of the message to anot
her subscriber. If you want to include an
introduction, press

Opt 3: I enter 1234 (a valid ext at a diff branch, it states the number entered is not valid.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 06:45:38 PM »
Does the extension have a mailbox?

In what system does the mailbox exist, or is your voicemail networked (not part of normal networking, VM networking is completely different)?

Did you Export/Import to the other network nodes?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 06:48:21 PM »
Are you licensed for networked voice mail? If not, you'll need to purchase and apply the licenses, or centralize the mailboxes on one controller.

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 09:00:19 AM »

In what system does the mailbox exist, or is your voicemail networked (not part of normal networking, VM networking is completely different)?

How can I check the nodes?  I didn't do anything other than setup the local extension/user/vm box

Are you licensed for networked voice mail? If not, you'll need to purchase and apply the licenses, or centralize the mailboxes on one controller.
Yes - I am licensed for this.  It's just this one mailbox that isn't reachable, so I think I missed a setting somewhere.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 09:19:43 AM »

How can I check the nodes?  I didn't do anything other than setup the local extension/user/vm box
You can go into your Phones or Mailboxes on the system local to you, then open the remote node in that menu and see if it is there... since this is a mailbox issue I would look at the mailbox first. On the system you are trying to send the message from, go to Voice Processor - Devices - Mailboxes - Node XX (whatever node the mailbox you are trying to send to is on)  and see if the mailbox is listed, otherwise the system doesn't know where it is. If it isn't there, do a full Export/Import of devices to all network nodes.

Yes - I am licensed for this.  It's just this one mailbox that isn't reachable, so I think I missed a setting somewhere.
Only the licensing and POP/SMTP configuration is required for VM networking, nothing is required on the mailbox level, you just need to keep the systems in sync by performing regular Export/Import functions when making changes.

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 09:22:32 AM »
do a full Export/Import of devices to all network nodes.

This is most likely my issue - I was not aware I needed to do any type of import/export.
Where can I learn how to do this properly?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 09:28:02 AM »

This is most likely my issue - I was not aware I needed to do any type of import/export.
To do an Export/Import? It is quite simple actually, in DB Studio (the programming software) at the top open the Operations drop-down, select Export/Import devices, then in the resulting window select all nodes, select all types of information, and then Export, when that is done, Import. Make sure to do it in that order, because after an Import you must restart the programming software. Make sure you are not logged into other nodes when doing this, the process will fail.

For other maintenance, contact your vendor for training or have them sponsor you to an official Mitel system administration course.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 09:31:23 AM by acejavelin »

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 09:45:27 AM »

To do an Export/Import? It is quite simple actually, in DB Studio (the programming software) at the top open the Operations drop-down, select Export/Import devices, then in the resulting window select all nodes, select all types of information, and then Export, when that is done, Import. Make sure to do it in that order, because after an Import you must restart the programming software. Make sure you are not logged into other nodes when doing this, the process will fail.

For other maintenance, contact your vendor for training or have them sponsor you to an official Mitel system administration course.

This makes me nervous - will any good data get overridden?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2017, 09:49:39 AM »

This makes me nervous - will any good data get overridden?
All it is doing is telling the other systems in the network what devices are where, it doesn't over-write anything on the remote nodes, if there is a conflict (which there likely will be for some things, it's normal in some cases) the local system data has precedence. You are basically just updating there "where is it" database, so when you add x1234 in Node 4 until you tell nodes 1, 2, and 3 where it is they won't know and will consider 1234 an unused extension, once you Export/Import the remote lists come into sync and Node 1 now knows "Hey, the user dialed 1234, that's in Node 4 so I need to shoot it across the Intertel Networking link to IP XX.XX.XX.XX". In other words, it is just updating it's remote device database.

This is not an automated process, and should be done whenever extension are added or taken away, and by "extensions" I mean anything with an extension number such as phones, phantoms, hunt groups, applications, mailboxes, etc. otherwise remote systems don't know about the addition/deletion.

This is a safe process.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 09:53:40 AM by acejavelin »

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2017, 09:56:27 AM »
ok great - I will give this a try.

So I fulyl understand the process - I open Branch A DB Studio.  Export all (like you instructed), Export. 
Go to Branch B and import - or just choose import right after the export?

Do I then repeat for all branches?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2017, 10:04:01 AM »

So I fulyl understand the process - I open Branch A DB Studio.  Export all (like you instructed), Export. 

No... You Export then Import from the same node... the terminology of "export and import" as we normally see them is what is catching you up.

When you export, select all nodes and all devices, then click Export, the MiVO system will export it's device database to all other nodes in the network automatically via the Intertel VoIP Networking links, then when it is done you want to Import, which will reach out to all nodes in the network the same way and ask them to essentially perform an Export back to the node requesting an Import.

It is usually best to perform this on the node that you made the changes on. You don't normally do this from every node, just the one you made the changes on... if the systems are very much out of sync, performing this process on 2 or 3 nodes will correct them all as the remote databases are a sort of "shared" form.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 10:06:24 AM by acejavelin »

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2017, 10:08:13 AM »

No... You Export then Import from the same node... the terminology of "export and import" as we normally see them is what is catching you up.

When you export, select all nodes and all devices, then click Export, the MiVO system will export it's device database to all other nodes in the network automatically via the Intertel VoIP Networking links, then when it is done you want to Import, which will reach out to all nodes in the network the same way and ask them to essentially perform an Export back to the node requesting an Import.

It is usually best to perform this on the node that you made the changes on. You don't normally do this from every node, just the one you made the changes on... if the systems are very much out of sync, performing this process on 2 or 3 nodes will correct them all as the remote databases are a sort of "shared" form.

It was easy enough.  I did this on the Branch I added the extension.  Restarted the DB Programming but I am still getting the same error when I try to fwd the vm.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2017, 10:10:05 AM »
OK, so go to the MiVO system you are located on, and look in the database... does the local system know the the extension and mailbox exist on the remote node?

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2017, 10:11:43 AM »
OK, so go to the MiVO system you are located on, and look in the database... does the local system know the the extension and mailbox exist on the remote node?
Not from Voice Processor, Devices, Mailboxes   Any where I look on that branch, this new ext is not listed.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10