Author Topic: Can't fwd VM to new phone extension  (Read 4631 times)

Offline pexecutone

• View Profile
Re: Can't fwd VM to new phone extension
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2017, 10:17:50 AM »
If it's an intercom call, the Fwd Call Type-IC Calls needs to be set to yes, on the system forwarding path. Devices>Phones>Ext>Fwd Path

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2017, 10:27:05 AM »
If it's an intercom call, the Fwd Call Type-IC Calls needs to be set to yes, on the system forwarding path. Devices>Phones>Ext>Fwd Path
Its set to yes already.  It appears the issue is ONLY with exts with 123X  same branch, but 121X or 122X work fine - even brand new ext???!!!

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2017, 02:11:12 PM »
Maybe an ext conflict with the calling node, preventing an import of numbers from the one where 123X numbers reside?  In the calling node try to create a new phone with a 123X extension (even though you don't really want to).  I'm betting it will give you an errer message telling you what device at the calling node is already using 123.  If it does, just renumber the offending device and redo import.

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2017, 02:13:52 PM »
Maybe an ext conflict with the calling node, preventing an import of numbers from the one where 123X numbers reside?  In the calling node try to create a new phone with a 123X extension (even though you don't really want to).  I'm betting it will give you an errer message telling you what device at the calling node is already using 123.  If it does, just renumber the offending device and redo import.
Which controller is the"calling node"
Also, my phone support (TelCom support we bought the system from) is telling me NOT to do an export/import.  States they have seen an increase of this causing a lot of system errors/corruption.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2017, 03:07:28 PM »
Also, my phone support (TelCom support we bought the system from) is telling me NOT to do an export/import.  States they have seen an increase of this causing a lot of system errors/corruption.

Then they are obviously clueless.

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2017, 03:08:31 PM »

Then they are obviously clueless.

I'm not arguing that

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2017, 03:15:30 PM »
dan231,

First of all an Import/Export will find system errors and can be an indicator for corruption, but it will not cause it.

There has to be something about this new extension you created that is not right. Have you tried creating another extension that you know doesn't exist in either system and see if that works?

Thanks,

TE

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2017, 03:21:23 PM »
dan231,

First of all an Import/Export will find system errors and can be an indicator for corruption, but it will not cause it.

There has to be something about this new extension you created that is not right. Have you tried creating another extension that you know doesn't exist in either system and see if that works?

Thanks,

TE
Yes I have tried that.  It is a problem with ext 123X.  When enter the ext to forward to, I get to 1,2,3, then it states not a valid number.  I never get to enter in the last digit.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2017, 03:32:53 PM »
dan231,

Do you really have your heart set on making this extension work even if you found a work-around with a new extension or are you just trying to figure out why it is happening?

In your local system [the calling node], have you tried to create extension 123x as a local phone to see what it tells you; it should provide an error.

Thanks,

TE

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2017, 03:36:37 PM »
dan231,

Do you really have your heart set on making this extension work even if you found a work-around with a new extension or are you just trying to figure out why it is happening?

In your local system [the calling node], have you tried to create extension 123x as a local phone to see what it tells you; it should provide an error.

Thanks,

TE
I would say my concern  at this point is will I ever be able to use the 123X range of extensions?
I did try to create a local phone 1234 - I get a conflict error that points to the existing off-node phone and mailbox in the other branch

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2017, 04:06:56 PM »
dan231,

So, when you try to create the associated mailbox in your local node for their Voice Processor node it doesn't show up? 

Have you verified that this phone and mailbox error is showing up for the node you expect it to be in?

Thanks,

TE

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2017, 04:11:11 PM »
dan231,

So, when you try to create the associated mailbox in your local node for their Voice Processor node it doesn't show up? 

Have you verified that this phone and mailbox error is showing up for the node you expect it to be in?

Thanks,

TE
Are you referring to creating an associated mailbox? If so, then yes, I see no branch phones listed to add.  I was getting the error under my local controller/devices/phones.

Offline pexecutone

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2017, 04:49:46 PM »
If it hasn't been done already, I would delete the offending extension and rebuild it.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2017, 12:04:38 PM »
dan231,

You will need to create the associated mailbox under the Voice Processor not System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones; that wouldn't work at all. Look at my previous post on how to create the associated mailbox for an off-node device.

Thanks,

TE

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2017, 08:33:40 AM »
I have no idea what the phone tech guy did -
"With Mitel’s assistance, we made a change in the Mitel 5000 which should resolve the issue"

It works now, but I have no idea what was done and the tech is on PTO this week

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10