Author Topic: Can't fwd VM to new phone extension  (Read 4634 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Can't fwd VM to new phone extension
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2017, 10:15:34 AM »
OK, so go to the MiVO system you are located on, and look in the database... does the local system know the the extension and mailbox exist on the remote node?
Not from Voice Processor, Devices, Mailboxes   Any where I look on that branch, this new ext is not listed.
We need to determine if you are really using stand-alone independent voicemail systems, networked voicemail systems (which is really not that common), or if one system is the "centralized" voicemail server for all/most nodes... Or if we actually have synchronization problem or numbering conflict. Unfortunately I am running out of time and cannot assist you right now, perhaps later today or over the weekend.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 10:17:29 AM by acejavelin »

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2017, 10:20:31 AM »
OK, so go to the MiVO system you are located on, and look in the database... does the local system know the the extension and mailbox exist on the remote node?
Not from Voice Processor, Devices, Mailboxes   Any where I look on that branch, this new ext is not listed.
We need to determine if you are really using stand-alone independent voicemail systems, networked voicemail systems (which is really not that common), or if one system is the "centralized" voicemail server for all/most nodes... Or if we actually have synchronization problem or numbering conflict. Unfortunately I am running out of time and cannot assist you right now, perhaps later today or over the weekend.

Ok, fair enough - thanks.

I can tell you that each voicemail is on its own controller at the local branch.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2017, 03:02:54 PM »
So if you are sure that each branch has it's own voicemail service and the mailboxes are all hosted on the local controller, we need to look at potential sync issues... Try a Export/Import and look at the System Output and see if there is any issue with the sync... for testing purposes, just go to the site that has the new x1234 and perform the export, then check the logs on both systems and see if a change was rejected due to a conflict.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2017, 05:50:13 PM »
Finally got in front of a system today... So just to confirm the location of the remote node mailboxes, if you to Voice Processor - Devices - Mailboxes, you have a "Local - VP Local Node" and other remote nodes listed at this level, are the remote node mailboxes inside the remote nodes at this level, or do you have to click into "Local - VP Local Node" and inside of that the other nodes are listed and the remote mailboxes are under this level?

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2017, 02:02:47 PM »
So if you are sure that each branch has it's own voicemail service and the mailboxes are all hosted on the local controller, we need to look at potential sync issues... Try a Export/Import and look at the System Output and see if there is any issue with the sync... for testing purposes, just go to the site that has the new x1234 and perform the export, then check the logs on both systems and see if a change was rejected due to a conflict.
  Correct.  Each branch has it's own local controller and voicemail.  I don't know how to check logs.

Finally got in front of a system today... So just to confirm the location of the remote node mailboxes, if you to Voice Processor - Devices - Mailboxes, you have a "Local - VP Local Node" and other remote nodes listed at this level, are the remote node mailboxes inside the remote nodes at this level, or do you have to click into "Local - VP Local Node" and inside of that the other nodes are listed and the remote mailboxes are under this level?
On my local controller:  I go to Voice Processor : Devices : Mailboxes.  I do have a local and a PP200, PP201, PP202.  Each branch is a PP#.  The ext 1234 is at PP200.  Under PP200, Local, which is empty.  and PP200, 97002, 97003, 97004 - which are all the other branches.  The branch where 1234 is at, is PP200/97002.  All exts for this branch are listed except for 1234

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2017, 02:11:36 PM »
Found logs under Favorites : Software.  I checked the cp_database_log and see no errors that jump out at me.

Since this is a new user - does their vm have to be setup fully for this to work?  As in, they logged into it, reset password, recorded name, etc?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2017, 03:16:30 PM »
Found logs under Favorites : Software.  I checked the cp_database_log and see no errors that jump out at me.

Since this is a new user - does their vm have to be setup fully for this to work?  As in, they logged into it, reset password, recorded name, etc?
It shouldn't matter if the mailbox is setup or not... I am puzzled now, going to have to defer to someone else because my knowledge of networked voicemail systems is very limited and this seems to be going beyond what I have done. Sorry.

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2017, 03:17:38 PM »

It shouldn't matter if the mailbox is setup or not... I am puzzled now, going to have to defer to someone else because my knowledge of networked voicemail systems is very limited and this seems to be going beyond what I have done. Sorry.

I appreciate the assistance!  Thanks

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2017, 07:27:55 AM »
dan231,

Did you create the associated mailbox on your local system to match the one on the remote system?

Go to Voice Processor > Devices > Mailboxes > {VPIM NODE} > {97xxx} >

Right-Click and then select Create Associated Off-Node Mailbox. You should see a list of devices and then you select the extension of the person you created on the remote node. Now this is all predicated on the fact that you have already done an Import/Export of the remote node so that you can see the remote extension to create a mailbox for it.

At this point I can't remember if the Remote Mailbox Extension field is checked or not. I think it is for Associated Mailboxes, but not for Non-Associated Mailboxes; since they don't have to be the same extension number at both locations.

See if that solves your problem.

Thanks,

TE

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2017, 10:51:32 AM »
Right-Click and then select Create Associated Off-Node Mailbox. You should see a list of devices and then you select the extension of the person you created on the remote node. Now this is all predicated on the fact that you have already done an Import/Export of the remote node so that you can see the remote extension to create a mailbox for it.
I did the export/import and the ext in question is still not showing up.  Could this be the way the ext was created?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2017, 09:29:10 PM »
dan231,

If the extension is up and working at the remote site then your problem is not with how it was created, but whether or not the extension conflicts with another extension in the other nodes.

What you can do to prove this point is try creating that extension as a new extension on your node. If it let's you do it then there is an issue, if it doesn't then you need to find where that extension conflict occurs within your node.

This is typically a simple process, IF the systems are maintained properly. It sounds as though you haven't been performing Imports/Exports every time you create a new extension, but it should take care of that for you over time. What you won't notice is whether you have issues with conflicts until it is too late.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2017, 11:08:00 PM »
Import/export isn't required when new extensions are created. They are automatically populated across the network to remote nodes, pretty much in real time.

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2017, 08:59:24 AM »
Import/export isn't required when new extensions are created. They are automatically populated across the network to remote nodes, pretty much in real time.
  Then this isn't happening for me.  :(

Offline pexecutone

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2017, 09:54:55 AM »
Maybe this is a silly question,  but does the new extension have a system forwarding path to voice mail?

Offline dan231

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2017, 09:59:23 AM »
Maybe this is a silly question,  but does the new extension have a system forwarding path to voice mail?
Under devices/phones/forwarding paths, the new ext is setup exactly like other working extensions.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10