Author Topic: External Numbers and ring groups  (Read 12105 times)

Offline MJJONES

• Contributer
    • View Profile
External Numbers and ring groups
« on: September 24, 2010, 03:49:48 PM »
Does anyone know if it is possible to have an external number such as a cell phone as a member of a ring group. I tried creating a system speed call option that pointed a 4 digit extension to the external number but when I added the speed call to the ring group it doesn't accept it. I tried creating a ring and a personal ring group but I couldn't get either one to work with the external number. I'm using a Mitel 3300 running 4.1 SP1.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: External Numbers and ring groups
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 03:58:56 PM »
I haven't tried this myself so I'm probably flapping....
Try programming a new number as a key on the phone.  Then forward the key via call rerouting to a speed dial that rings to the cell.   Add the key as a member of the personal ring group.

Like I said - I ain't tried this so let us know how it works.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:27:55 PM by ralph »

Offline MJJONES

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 04:18:53 PM »
Using your suggestion i tried this.
My phone is 7734.
I created a single line key(I also tried multicall) on this phone for 7834.
I created a system speed call number, 7934, with an acutal number of 8xxxxxxx. "8" Is the leading outbound digit on my system.
I then set the call rerouting always alternative for 7834 to ring to 7934.
When i try to added the 7834 DN to the ring group, it says:
" A Member of a personal ring group must be assigned to a single line, multiline, or analog set or be a hotdesk user."
I don't think this method will work....

Any other ideas?

From the Mitel documentation on ring groups:

This section lists general conditions of the feature.

The pilot number must be defined in the Multiline IP Sets form.

Creating a PRG via ESM Embedded System Management. An embedded administrative tool set that includes the System Admin, Group Admin, and Desktop Tool. adds the associated device as the first member in the group, that is, the prime member.

The following types of numbers or devices can be programmed as a PRG prime member:

a multiline IP set (including SIP endpoints)

a Hot Desk user

The following types of numbers or devices can be programmed as a PRG non-prime member:

a multiline IP set

a multiline DNI set

a single line DNI set

a singe line IP set

an analog set

a Hot Desk user

The following DN Directory Number.s cannot be programmed as a prime or non-prime member of a PRG:

DNs that have not been assigned to any device

DNs of devices with the Voice Mail Port COS option

DNs assigned to ACD See Automatic Call Distribution. sets or programmed as ACD agents

DNs of devices with the RAD A Recorded Announcement Device (RAD) is a device which automatically answers a call and delivers a pre-recorded message. RAD is often used to inform a caller that they are in a queue and their call will be dealt in due order. COS option

a member of the current PRG

a member of another PRG

a Guest Room or Suite Member

members of Hunt Groups which are other than Voice or Name Tag groups

In addition, the following DN Directory Number.s cannot be programmed as a prime member of a PRG:

DNs that do not correspond to a multiline IP set or Hot Desk An ACD hot desk agent can log into any ACD set and the system will apply the agent's personal phone profile to that ACD set. After the agent logs into the ACD set, the agent has access to his or her own personal speed calls, features, and phone settings. user

a prime member of another PRG

In addition, the following DNs cannot be programmed as a non-prime member of a PRG:

DNs that do not correspond to any valid entities (see above)

DNs assigned to non-busy stations

Phantom DN

A console cannot be a prime or non-prime member of a PRG.

PRG numbers can be up to 7 characters in length and 0-9, * and # are valid.

Class of Service of the group prime member is used for calls to non-prime members of the group. Upon answer the member's COS is used. For outgoing calls from a non-prime group member, the COS of the non-prime member is used unless name and number suppression to sets is enabled on the prime member, in which case the prime member's COS option applies. The following major COS area that affects PRGs is the longest CFNA Call Forward No Answer. timer of available PRG members.

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 04:32:22 PM »
your on the right lines with personal ring groups. In brief, you need to buy an external hotdesk user license, configure an external hotdesk user and add this to the personal ring group. This can be a cell number, PSTN number, or even a DID on another switch.

Offline MJJONES

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 04:54:17 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion on external hot desk users. I don't have any licenses for this feature so I'll have to buy a few before i can try this out.

Thanks!

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 08:29:23 AM »
External Hot Desk is the right way to go.   
I had a couple of minutes to try this myself.   It doesn't work adding a phone to the PRG and then forwarding it.
So you'll have to purchase External Hotdesk licenses for this or UC Mobile.

Ralph

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:28:09 PM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10