Author Topic: Mitel 6900 series phones  (Read 1828 times)

Offline HighburyN5

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 6900 series phones
« on: July 20, 2017, 04:39:49 PM »
We've been using the 6900 series phones for just other a month now and wanted to feed back some additional findings since my last post reviewing initial findings.
I am pretty frustrated at the number of bugs which we as a customer are finding and feeding back to Mitel via our implementation partner. Do date, we've had no contact from Mitel and quite frankly am not impressed with these handsets when comparing them to other vendors such as Cisco 7800 series. Whilst I understand some of the usability and limitations are legacy limitations on the Mitel platform, this really doesn't help when we were under the impression Mitel were at the forefront and leading the pack. Feedback from our users :

Awful default ring tone and worse still, no ability to centrally configure this. This to me seems odd as the setting is obviously stored centrally as it follows a hot desk user so why can't it be set!

Visual voicemail seems buggy and doesn't show the internal name of the caller. However if you forward an internal voicemail it does.

When you use visual voicemail and lift the handset to listen to a call discretely, the phone plays a dial-tone which is confusing to users.

Call lists for received and missed calls shows the callers name but not their extension. If you want to provide a colleague for example the extension number of a missed caller, this doesn't seem possible.

Hot desk experience is confusing. Users confused with Locked showing when a hot desk phone is logged out and also when the local locked feature is used on a phone. Surely it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility to display Phone logged out on a similar message?

Do Mitel ever read posts where and does anyone have a suggestions how some of these issues can be raised directly with Mitel?

Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel 6900 series phones
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 06:43:36 PM »
We've been using the 6900 series phones for just other a month now and wanted to feed back some additional findings since my last post reviewing initial findings.
I am pretty frustrated at the number of bugs which we as a customer are finding and feeding back to Mitel via our implementation partner. Do date, we've had no contact from Mitel and quite frankly am not impressed with these handsets when comparing them to other vendors such as Cisco 7800 series. Whilst I understand some of the usability and limitations are legacy limitations on the Mitel platform, this really doesn't help when we were under the impression Mitel were at the forefront and leading the pack. Feedback from our users :

Awful default ring tone and worse still, no ability to centrally configure this. This to me seems odd as the setting is obviously stored centrally as it follows a hot desk user so why can't it be set!

Visual voicemail seems buggy and doesn't show the internal name of the caller. However if you forward an internal voicemail it does.

When you use visual voicemail and lift the handset to listen to a call discretely, the phone plays a dial-tone which is confusing to users.

Call lists for received and missed calls shows the callers name but not their extension. If you want to provide a colleague for example the extension number of a missed caller, this doesn't seem possible.

Hot desk experience is confusing. Users confused with Locked showing when a hot desk phone is logged out and also when the local locked feature is used on a phone. Surely it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility to display Phone logged out on a similar message?

Do Mitel ever read posts where and does anyone have a suggestions how some of these issues can be raised directly with Mitel?

Thanks
If Mitel reads stuff here, it is in an unofficial capacity... I do know a few Mitel employees and support personnel visit these forums, but only as individuals. There isn't really a user group or area for customers to give feedback to Mitel directly that I am aware of.

This should be the job of your vendor, especially if you are in the role of a beta site (odd, since these phones have been available on this platform for nearly 6 months publically)... If a vendor has a customer is in a beta group then they have a direct channel back to Mitel for feedback on that site, often a specific person or contact, but it sounds like they are not using it or not relaying information back to you. Sorry...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 10:49:31 PM by acejavelin »

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 6900 series phones
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 09:31:49 PM »
Playing with CoS Display options may help you with some of the display things you have issues with.

I don't know about visual voicemail - NuPoint takes your voicemail to the next level. In any case, our users very quickly get used to the idea that they don't have to use the old-school clunky dial-in to VM to listen to their messages. They get much better satisfaction when they check them in their email and can choose which ones to listen to while being able to know who it's from before listening to it.

I agree with your complaint about the "Locked" message on hotdesk phones - we constantly get support tickets from people saying "My phone is locked, what do I do". Why on earth does it say "Locked"? It's not locked, it's logged out.
Also, why do you have to press the key for "Hotdesk" and then again for "Login"? There must be some reason for that, but none of our users can see why two presses are necessary when one would do.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10