Author Topic: Telecommunications Training  (Read 2727 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Telecommunications Training
« on: May 28, 2020, 12:35:08 PM »
Telecom Trained Technicians/Engineers,

Since they don't teach telephony in colleges around here anymore it is hard to find people with the right set of skills and knowledge anymore.

Does anyone know of or has used any non-Mitel Training Platforms [On Site, On Line, or Learning Management Systems] that provide all the knowledge and skills required to work in the field these days; especially with SIP?

I am looking for training that can be brought in-house or done online that will bring new people up to speed on Telephony and SIP.

Thanks,

TE

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Telecommunications Training
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 06:54:48 PM »
Think this may be a difficult question, Do techs need to know tip and ring stuff any more? Do they need a butt set? I know I had ABC books for this. I think Ken Sherman's book on digital communication is still somewhat relevant, at least the underlying concepts of sampling, encoding, and Nyquist should be brought up.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Telecommunications Training
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 03:21:04 PM »
johnp,

We have been around a long time and still have a lot of older systems that analog and digital phone reside on. With that in mind we are definitely seeing that new guys have no idea, and are somewhat intimidated by, what they need to know in order to solve the most basic of issues; much less MACs. This is more readily seen within the Hotel/Motel environment than in others, but older systems are everywhere.

Since our workforce is aging and getting ready to retire before all of these systems are removed will require the newer guys to get up to speed on it before we leave. I have found a few places that I think may teach the skills needed, but we are also looking into creating our own in-house program now for future reference. With that in mind I am looking into different programs and figuring out which ones to take and see what we need going forward with new technology as well.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10