Author Topic: MX-one + Advanced Messaging, change identity for mailbox.  (Read 1080 times)

Offline martinnyberg_mtel

• View Profile
MX-one + Advanced Messaging, change identity for mailbox.
« on: July 12, 2017, 07:54:32 AM »
Hi Everybody!

I've got a tricky question that hopefully someone else has encountered or have a different solution =)

We have an MX-One 6.2 system that we use for hosting/leasing to smaller companies.
Usually we use a virtual generic extension with a call_list to connect to corresponding functions or phones. But we also use it for night switching, let's say a customer has list 1 activated to an IP-phone that gets the calls during working hours, then the customer switch to list two from the Office Web Application (login into the virtual extension) so that the traffic now get's redirected into the Advanced Messaging Server. Then the server recieves the virtual extension number as identity for which mailbox it should connect to.

The issue is when a customer, for instance, would like to have several mailboxes connected to the virtual extension call_list, for different nightswitching/messages. The problem is that the identity is always the virtual extension. We can solve it by creating a second virtual number that has another call_list connected to Advanced Messaging. But, we cant forward the calls internal to another call_list, to a virtual extension.
We have to sling out the caller via the first call_list, so that the system makes an external call, that then get's recieved to the second call_list.

Virtual extension "1111" (main number):
1111: List 1 // IP-extension.
1111: List 2 // "9999" Advanced Messaging (reads out a message for mailbox identity 1111).
1111: List 3 // 0-2222 (makes an external call to the second virtual number, so that it changes identity for AM).

Virtual extension "2222" (second number for a different mailbox):
2222: List 1 // "9999" Advanced Messaging (reads out a message for mailbox identity 2222).

This solution is not so beautiful and I wonder if anybody else has approached this problem in another manner?
It would be better to have this process happen internally instead of having the MX-system making external calls for changing identity.
I've tried to have a look at various of number_conversions without any success in this case.

Very thankful for all the help I can get!
BR,
Martin

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10