Author Topic: Voicemail transfer to cellphone not working  (Read 2263 times)

Offline kenglish

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Voicemail transfer to cellphone not working
« on: July 09, 2017, 04:47:17 PM »
For one of our extensions, we have added the cellphone to the voicemail which is supposed to transfer the caller to the user's cell, however it does not work. I have tried entering 7, 11, and 12 digits with no luck. is there a feature that needs to be enabled?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Voicemail transfer to cellphone not working
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 05:42:45 PM »
For one of our extensions, we have added the cellphone to the voicemail which is supposed to transfer the caller to the user's cell, however it does not work. I have tried entering 7, 11, and 12 digits with no luck. is there a feature that needs to be enabled?
Has this ever worked for any user? It is common to put the VM ports in a COR that is blocked from outside calls to prevent toll fraud, I would suggest looking at the COR of the those ports. Otherwise check your edt or sip traces and see if the call is being offered to carrier and if they are rejecting it or not.

Offline kenglish

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 08:05:31 PM »
Has this ever worked for any user? It is common to put the VM ports in a COR that is blocked from outside calls to prevent toll fraud, I would suggest looking at the COR of the those ports. Otherwise check your edt or sip traces and see if the call is being offered to carrier and if they are rejecting it or not.

COR is Class of Restriction? looks like both extensions and VMs are using the same group. How do I check the traces? Sorry for the ignorance, still learning the system :)

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 08:30:16 PM »
I think you should transfer the call to a speed dial, the speed dial has the mobile number in it.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 09:05:37 PM »
I think you should transfer the call to a speed dial, the speed dial has the mobile number in it.
I think they are using the embedded VM's "2 key to be transferred to the cell phone" option, you are supposed to enter the cell phone number in the mailbox (although speed call will work and MIGHT be preferable in some cases)...

There are a bunch of things that have to be done to set this up, the VM COS needs these options:

Public Network Access via DPNSS- Yes
Public Network to Public Network Connection Allowed-Yes
Non-Verified account codes-Yes
Account Code length-(same as length of VM port extensions)

COR of the VM ports needs to be able to make the call

When entering the cell number I think you need to add the 8/9 or whatever is used for outside access.

There is also potential of issues with what your outbound caller ID is set to (or not set), and if you are passing through CID, and that can very depending on the carrier and type of trunk.

Tracing calls is something a bit more advanced, and the method varies based on the type of trunking, if it's SIP, PRI, or LS Trunks, each has a different method.

I will ask again, has this ever worked? Because there is a bunch of system level things that need to be done before it will work (look in the embedded help could put you on the right track, but I don't remember if there is any reference to this feature in there). Basically, the VM ports need to be able to transfer calls outside the system... sometimes that can be problematic and the "problem" can vary widely.

Offline kenglish

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 02:58:11 PM »
I think they are using the embedded VM's "2 key to be transferred to the cell phone" option, you are supposed to enter the cell phone number in the mailbox (although speed call will work and MIGHT be preferable in some cases)...

There are a bunch of things that have to be done to set this up, the VM COS needs these options:

When entering the cell number I think you need to add the 8/9 or whatever is used for outside access.

There is also potential of issues with what your outbound caller ID is set to (or not set), and if you are passing through CID, and that can very depending on the carrier and type of trunk.

Tracing calls is something a bit more advanced, and the method varies based on the type of trunking, if it's SIP, PRI, or LS Trunks, each has a different method.

I will ask again, has this ever worked? Because there is a bunch of system level things that need to be done before it will work (look in the embedded help could put you on the right track, but I don't remember if there is any reference to this feature in there). Basically, the VM ports need to be able to transfer calls outside the system... sometimes that can be problematic and the "problem" can vary widely.

Yeah, trying to use the 2 key to transfer to cellphone feature. Sorry, I thought I had included that we have not tried this before now, so it has never worked in the past.

Configured the COS options and it works now! Thanks so much!

Somewhat related, is there a way to share a mailbox on two extensions? Or a way to forward a no answer on an extension without a VM to an embedded VM of a different extension, and have a notification light on the first extension when there are messages?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 03:47:26 PM »
Yeah, trying to use the 2 key to transfer to cellphone feature. Sorry, I thought I had included that we have not tried this before now, so it has never worked in the past.

Configured the COS options and it works now! Thanks so much!

Somewhat related, is there a way to share a mailbox on two extensions? Or a way to forward a no answer on an extension without a VM to an embedded VM of a different extension, and have a notification light on the first extension when there are messages?
You cannot share a mailbox with 2 extensions, not cleanly anyway... say one extension is 1001 and the other 1002, setup a Name Tag Hunt Group of *1001 with NO NAME (that is important) that is always rerouted to VM, then CFBNA 1002 to to *1001 (use Call Forward Busy/No Answer since you can't reroute a reroute). That is one way, but it isn't as clean as Nupoint.

Offline kenglish

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 05:11:58 PM »
You cannot share a mailbox with 2 extensions, not cleanly anyway... say one extension is 1001 and the other 1002, setup a Name Tag Hunt Group of *1001 with NO NAME (that is important) that is always rerouted to VM, then CFBNA 1002 to to *1001 (use Call Forward Busy/No Answer since you can't reroute a reroute). That is one way, but it isn't as clean as Nupoint.

Alright, I figured as such. Thanks for the help and guidance!

Offline kenglish

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 05:53:53 PM »

So now that I think about it, it is probably better to do the speed dial to prevent toll fraud (presuming it can work without opening that up). I have setup the Speed Call Number assignment, how do I go about allowing that transfer in the VM?

Sorry for backtracking :)

Offline kenglish

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 09:30:40 PM »
Still have not figured this one out... I have setup a speed dial to go to the cell phone, but when I put the speed dial on one of the personal contact numbers (I tried 2 as well as 4, I am using 1) it does not connect. Are there any COS options I need to change?

Thanks guys!

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 09:35:05 PM »
What is a "personal contact number"?

Are you using the System Speed Calls form?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 10:12:07 PM »
Have you set the Speed Call to Override Toll?

Offline kenglish

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2017, 08:45:21 PM »
The "personal contact number" is what the voicemail calls the keys you can press to transfer when listening to an extension voicemail.

I confirmed that the entry is in the system speed call form. I also changed it to override toll. It still is not transferring correctly.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10