Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I have a 3300 (no micollab or nupoint).When the pilot number is called it hits a extension 8000, if not answered it goes to a menu box with press 1 for this and 2 for that.  I can find the mailboxes for 1,2 ,3 of the menu.  The 8000 does not have a mailbox and I am having trouble finding how to change the menu.  I am used to mailboxes being on micollab and cant get this figured out.  Any advice on how to find where this mailbox is that controls the menu.  I am sure its right in front of me.  Thanks in advance.
Jeff,

I remember when you first got on the forums awhile back so it is good to hear that you are going to finally get to retire and enjoy your time there.

Thanks,

TE
MiVoice Office 250/Mitel 5000 / Re: MiVoice Office 250 - Night Ring
« Last post by lundah on April 29, 2024, 05:11:09 PM »
You'd have to set up the additional phone that you want to do this as an administrator phone, either through the System Admin tool or there's a way to do it from an existing administrator phone. That procedure is listed on page 18 of the MiVoice Office Administrator Phone Guide on edocs.mitel.com.
MiVoice Office 250/Mitel 5000 / MiVoice Office 250 - Night Ring
« Last post by vtyree on April 29, 2024, 02:34:59 PM »
Hello all,

We have the Mitel 5340e IP Phone system. I'm currently the admin over the phone so my phone is the only one that has the "night ring" feature button. I often leave before everyone else and it gets forgotten. Can I add the "night ring" button to another phone?
Mitel Software Applications / Re: Issues with Softphone on iPhone
« Last post by rioluis on April 29, 2024, 11:50:54 AM »
Hi, is the micollab interconnected to the MXONE?
Which happened to me too and I solved it. obviously with another version on the iPhone

try this command on the mxone and see if there is a connection

netstat -ano|grep ":8882"
SIP On Mitel / Re: 5330 Firmware Issues
« Last post by Northern666 on April 29, 2024, 05:03:43 AM »
Hi, I have a 5360 running SIP which was running 06.05.00.11 then it upgraded to 06.05.01.06 - now I've lost the Web GUI so cant do any configuration :(

I have downgraded the firmware to 06.05.00.09 by pointing at Dilkie's server but the web server function is still not available.

I note from Dilkie's file list there are no sip tone or lang files shown for the 5360 - could this be the problem?

Can anyone help me get it working again?

I have a backup of the config xml from when the web gui was working. Can I restore this to the phone via local TFTP?

Any assistance appreciated - its frustrating when the phone was so close to working!

MiVoice Office 250/Mitel 5000 / Re: Database converter
« Last post by kmcquillan on April 28, 2024, 06:51:21 PM »
Thank You.  I didn't have Advanced selected.
What type of outside lines do you have?  SIP, PRI or ?  If you have PRI or POTS lines, can you connect a plain jane phone or a but set to the telephone lines to see if you have dial tone and are able to make and receive a phone call?  If you are able to test the lines, it might save you from the telco charging you if the problem isn't in there lines.

Jeff
Unrelated to the paging system, but I think it was a nice fix, only took me a while to figure it out.  Maybe it will help someone else. 

We only have four nodes.  Most locations are at warehouses/offices associated with growing and packing apples.  One is at a golf course, with a restaurant.  I switched them from a Avaya Partner to a node on our Mitel system a while back.  They were frustrated with Google Reservations, after I switched them from the Partner to Avaya it started calling the wrong number for reservations.  The number Google started calling (via DEE) was an employees cell.  I fixed Google calling wrong number by pointing the number at the restaurant phones, bypassing the phone tree.  Not ideal.  I finally figured out Google reservations always showed the same caller ID.  So I added the number Google used to call routing table three and pointed it to the restaurant phone extensions--like how I route harassing phone callers to a very long pause/greeting/dead air in a CRA, then it hangs up.  Yes, that is whack-a-mole, but works for unsophisticated callers.  Then I was able to route the restaurant number back to the phone tree and they were happy, yea. 

Anyway, maybe this will help someone else.  Again, thanks to everyone who has helped me and thanks for the knowledge in this forum. 

Jeff
TE,

A million thanks for the ideas. 

What I didn't finish adding to the post is we do have 50 pair copper part of the way and 25 pair copper the remainder of the way from the node to the paging system amp location.  Distance between node and paging system is about 1,800 to 2,000 feet.  I didn't think the copper would carry sound 2,000 feet--I was thinking of line level sound, not a telephone line.  When you mentioned copper, I realized it's a telephone line/signal/sound, not line level sound.  Kind of a 'Doh" moment.  Thanks, thanks, thanks!

My work duties include telephone, paging and a an assortment of other duties.  It would be nice if I could be responsible for just telephones, so I could keep sharp in that area.  When I work in something (like paging) once a year or every other year, it's a bit tough for me.  Such is life and I will find some cheese to go with that whine... :)  In another three weeks, it will be behind me as I will be retiring.  A new challenge, and one I am mostly looking forward to.  I appreciate all the information I have learned and the help I have received on this forum. 

I (and my replacement) will connect the cables and see what the paging system sounds like from a LS on the node to the paging system.  Six to eight hundred feet of the cable is somewhat iffy, the cable is PE, but not icky pic and is run through underground conduit.  There are three other 25 pair inside type cables in the same conduit and they have had issues with cross talk. We haven't used the 25 pair PE cable in a while, so maybe (I can't remember) there is a good pair in the cable we can use.   I will post with the results, it might be early next week.

TE, thanks, thanks, thanks,

Jeff, who will be on John's Island full time soon.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10