Author Topic: Replacement options for Attendant Console  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Rishi

• View Profile
Replacement options for Attendant Console
« on: July 06, 2017, 10:18:24 AM »
We have a Mitel 5000 system and our receptionist used to use the Attendant Console. However, when we tried to upgrade the operating system from Windows XP to Win 7 that hosted the OAI and Attendant Console, we ran into compatibility issues with the HASP key, so we're not looking into alternate solutions. The vendor we deal with recommended Mitel Phone Manager, but it seemed somewhat pricey for what we wanted. The MiVoice Business Console seems to meet our needs, but from what I can tell, it's only included as part of a larger package.

We are looking for a simple solution so our receptionist knows the status of the staff (On phone, DND, who they're talking to, etc.), but I'm not sure what's the most cost effective solution and I'm looking for recommendations.

Thanks.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement options for Attendant Console
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 11:32:03 AM »
Rishi,

Unfortunately there are not a lot of options for a replacement of the Attendant Console. The only two I know of besides an actual physical PKM would require the MiCollab Server or the Phone Manager server and between the two the Phone Manager is the better of the two servers for compatibility.

Sorry,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 01:22:57 PM »
We have a Mitel 5000 system and our receptionist used to use the Attendant Console. However, when we tried to upgrade the operating system from Windows XP to Win 7 that hosted the OAI and Attendant Console, we ran into compatibility issues with the HASP key, so we're not looking into alternate solutions. The vendor we deal with recommended Mitel Phone Manager, but it seemed somewhat pricey for what we wanted. The MiVoice Business Console seems to meet our needs, but from what I can tell, it's only included as part of a larger package.

We are looking for a simple solution so our receptionist knows the status of the staff (On phone, DND, who they're talking to, etc.), but I'm not sure what's the most cost effective solution and I'm looking for recommendations.

Thanks.
Honestly, upgrading to the current Attendant Console software would be best.... there is no reason the HASP key shouldn't work, we have run it on Window 7, 8, and 10 machines with no real issues.

An alternative would be the Phone Manager, but using it as a console position is just ludicrous investment unless you are going to deploy it on a larger scale, it is intended as a desktop interface for presencing, chat, phone control, etc. for all users, not just an attendant. I wouldn't even consider a MiCollab deployment on a MiVoice 250/Mitel 5000 today, it's focus is the MiVoice Business servers and it is being depreciated for the 5000.

Lastly, just adding PKM (or button modules) to the phone may be sufficient, it gives a button for any phone programmed on it so you can see if the user is on the phone, in DND, etc and one touch dialing and transferring to that user, but that is about it.

MiVoice Business Console is for the MiVoice Business Communications system (the MCD or 3300 are also some of it's names), and it is not compatible with the MiVoice Office 250 (Mitel 5000) line of products.

Offline Rishi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 03:10:25 PM »
Thank you for the feedback. Can I still upgrade to newer versions of the Attendant Console? In conversations with my reseller, they made it seem like this was no longer available and suggested the Phone Manager.

My issue actually is more with the OAI server, as that HASP key is the one that's not working. The HASP key for the receptionist PC does work fine with Windows 7 when it connected previously, so I should've clarified that. The OAI server sat on an XP machine, and for security reasons I am looking to replace that PC, but couldn't get the HASP key to work despite numerous suggestions online.

She actually has a PKM, but it doesn't have enough buttons, and I believe when others cover for her, they prefer the Attendant Console.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 04:27:55 PM »
Thank you for the feedback. Can I still upgrade to newer versions of the Attendant Console? In conversations with my reseller, they made it seem like this was no longer available and suggested the Phone Manager.

My issue actually is more with the OAI server, as that HASP key is the one that's not working. The HASP key for the receptionist PC does work fine with Windows 7 when it connected previously, so I should've clarified that. The OAI server sat on an XP machine, and for security reasons I am looking to replace that PC, but couldn't get the HASP key to work despite numerous suggestions online.

She actually has a PKM, but it doesn't have enough buttons, and I believe when others cover for her, they prefer the Attendant Console.
Is this a networked system (to other 5000's)? If not, you don't need the CT Gateway at all, it is only for multi-node systems or in some cases where multiple CT/OAI applications are used.

And yes, the Attendant Console software is still alive and well, last update October 2016.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 04:29:53 PM by acejavelin »

Offline Rishi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 04:59:36 PM »
We're networked to three other 5000s in other states.

Do you know if I could look to upgrade the Attendant Console on my own, or will I likely need to rely on my reseller, who didn't seem to know this was still an option?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 08:34:25 PM »
We're networked to three other 5000s in other states.

Do you know if I could look to upgrade the Attendant Console on my own, or will I likely need to rely on my reseller, who didn't seem to know this was still an option?
I see no reason why not, it's a simple Windows program and since you already have the license the software is essentially free. I will send you a PM in a minute.

And BTW, your CT Gateway might need to be updated too but I can't tell if you had that on the receptionist's PC or somewhere else, I generally recommend installing it on a Windows server that is in place in the network alrady, and it can be physical or virtual.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 09:36:16 PM by acejavelin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10