Author Topic: Menu node only works after repeating?  (Read 1329 times)

Offline b_hackbarth

• View Profile
Menu node only works after repeating?
« on: July 03, 2017, 02:56:15 AM »
Hello everyone,  I am stumped.

I have an SX-200 EL at a hotel that started getting calls to rooms asking for credit card info. Unlike most properties, this hotel rings directly to the system greeting on all incoming calls. Attackers would simply deduce the room numbers and go from there.    So I created a menu node and pointed digits 0 and 1 to valid transfer-only mailboxes, recorded the greeting, and of course made the box type menu tree.  This should allow single digits but not room numbers or collected extensions.

Here's the problem, it works but terribly.    If it's the first go-around (first play of the menu), she always says, " I'm sorry, that person is not available right now" and the menu greeting repeats from the beginning. At that point, the digit works now.  If the digit points to a transfer-only box that has ARS digits, instead of her saying I'm sorry, a loud click is heard and then the greeting starts over.  Once again, on the second try, the digit does work.

It NEVER works the first time, only after the greeting has repeated due to an error, etc.

The last time I did a menu tree was on an ICP and I assume the Express Messenger was a newer version, but I'm not sure.

Am I doing something wrong?   If I go back to the system greeting, single digit always works every single time.

Offline b_hackbarth

• View Profile
Re: Menu node only works after repeating?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 06:16:14 PM »
Just my luck, nobody I have spoken to has heard of this and since I got no replies, I am guessing the same is true on here.  I did make one discovery,

If I create the menu node and then access it thru the system auto attendant by dialing the mailbox number then my digits work all the time.  But if I make the menu node an extension that is call forwarded to voicemail, the trouble occurs.

I don't know how else to send the caller directly to a menu node other than an extension that is forwarded to voicemail that matches the box number.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 06:40:06 PM »
might be some kind of multi language issue

Offline b_hackbarth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 03:51:00 PM »
Thanks johnp,

I finally just deleted the menu node, rolled up my sleeves and used tenant restriction instead.  I had gotten a little gun shy with that because when I tried it all by myself, auto attendant didn't work, so I knew I was doing it wrong.  Fred (fifty5footer)  showed me the light.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 06:26:08 PM »
Tenant division is what I'd have done. Good that you got through this

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10