Author Topic: Mitel 5000 - Phone System Directory - Outside  (Read 3789 times)

Offline TechMB

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 - Phone System Directory - Outside
« on: June 29, 2017, 03:48:53 PM »
I'm trying to add phone numbers to the Mitel Outside Caller Directory but I don't know where to access it.  The company that managed our system closed down and I had to take over the maintenance of the system.  Anyone that can point me in the right direction?  We have several remote users and I want to program their phone numbers in the Global Directory so when they call in, everyone know its them and the ID/Name shows up of who's calling.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 - Phone System Directory - Outside
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 08:22:23 AM »
TechMB,

There isn't an Outside Caller Directory in the MiVO-250 are you referring to the Aastra 5000?

If you do have what used to be called the Mitel 5000 [CS-5000 or HX-5000] then the only way to do something like that is to remove the Caller ID option from all phones that you want to see the custom name for and then setup a Call Routing Table for Outside Party Number. Within that Table you would put in the Caller ID of the person and in the Description field it where you would put the name you want people to see then routing to the destination you want it to go to.

Typically this is not an option customers would want to go with since it removes the Caller ID option for all calls that you don't have a custom entry for and it would supply just the number they dialed to get into your system if you have DIDS on a PRI or the name of the trunk if you have any other type of trunking.

Sorry,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 11:07:39 AM »
I think he means if you put an outside CID number in the system speed dial directory with a name, when that number comes in it will over-ride the caller ID information with the name in the system speed dial entry. We use it to identify all our company's cell phone users, otherwise they just come in as "CELL PHONE, MN" or "UNAVAILABLE" for the name.

Offline TechMB

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 06:17:31 PM »
I think he means if you put an outside CID number in the system speed dial directory with a name, when that number comes in it will over-ride the caller ID information with the name in the system speed dial entry. We use it to identify all our company's cell phone users, otherwise they just come in as "CELL PHONE, MN" or "UNAVAILABLE" for the name.

Yes, this is what I'm trying to do. Where can I enter the number?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 06:23:56 PM »

System - Phone Related Information - System Speed Dial

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Offline TechMB

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 12:03:36 PM »

So I've added the number to System Speed Dial, but the system doesn't display the name. I've tried (area code) xxx-xxxx, 1(area code) xxx-xxxx, without area code since its a local number xxx-xxxx, and also tried adding the number the way the system shows the missed number 82000(area code) xxx-xxxx, but the name still doesn't appear on the caller ID.  Anything I'm missing?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 07:20:32 PM »

So I've added the number to System Speed Dial, but the system doesn't display the name. I've tried (area code) xxx-xxxx, 1(area code) xxx-xxxx, without area code since its a local number xxx-xxxx, and also tried adding the number the way the system shows the missed number 82000(area code) xxx-xxxx, but the name still doesn't appear on the caller ID.  Anything I'm missing?
It has to match the Caller ID exactly as it comes in... in our case it is 1NPANXXXXXX with no dashes or other punctuation, and ours is coming in on a PRI to an Axxess, then using Inter-tel Networking to come over to the 5000, which has the system speed call entry.

Does this work for any numbers? How are the calls coming in (PRI, SIP, analog lines, network connection)? Do you have Expanded CO Call Information On Displays flag turned on for all sets (I think that is the key piece besides the speed call entry)?

Offline TechMB

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 03:59:38 PM »
It might have something to do with our setup maybe.  The calls come in PRI (on a fiber connection) to the Mitel 5000.  The system is setup with Hunt Groups that ring the extension number.  The caller ID information is show from outside callers if they have caller ID name and number, otherwise it will display the number only.  If I put the phone number in our phone system to identify the caller it just shows the phone number but no name

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 04:10:33 PM »
TechMB,

Just out of curiosity have you tried directing a DID directly to a phone and then have that cell call in to see if it shows up correctly?

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10