Author Topic: Mitel 6930 IP Phone and a Bluetooth Headset  (Read 5215 times)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Mitel 6930 IP Phone and a Bluetooth Headset
« on: June 29, 2017, 11:47:00 AM »
Hello Fellow Mitel Techs,
Was curious if anyone is having issues with a Mitel 6930 IP Phone and a Bluetooth headset. For the life of me I can't seem to get it working. It is paired, but it doesn't work like a Mitel 53xx with a headset. For the Bluetooth Headset I'm using a "Plantronics M55". Is there a different procedure to get it to work?

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 6930 IP Phone and a Bluetooth Headset
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 12:14:45 PM »
**UPDATE**
Looking into this a bit further and I'm finding that the specs on both devices are:

1) Mitel 6930 = Bluetooth Ver. 4.1
2) Plantronics M55 = Bluetooth Ver. 3.0

Possibly an incompatibility issue? So while it may pair with no issues, maybe it just doesn't work. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 01:35:08 PM »
**UPDATE**
I have a ticket opened up with Mitel, will report back here in a bit after they respond.

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 04:13:36 PM »
**UPDATE**
I heard back from Mitel, they say:

"Hi,
Typically, bluetooth 4.1 should be backward compatible with previous release. However headset vendors will carry their comparability tests to see if they support the phones. I checked in plantronics compatibility guide on Mitel 6930, and M55 is not on the list. M55 is only listed as the product for mobile clients.

If you have another deskphone model, I would recommend to test the headset on them, to prove it is not hardware defect. If it still is not working, try to contact plantronics as M55 is not on the supported list based on their compatibility guide.

See below for plantronics compatibility guide:

https://www.plantronics.com/us/compatibility-guide/#/search/"

Well the case is closed then. My Plantronics M55 is simply not a supported headset, which I guess makes sense, since it is used as my primary headset for my iPhone 6s Plus. I just thought it'd be nice to have one headset that'll cover me on both phones.

Thanks,
-Iron

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10