Author Topic: Single Line Devices unable to access system speed dials via the feature code 381  (Read 1414 times)

Offline VoiceIPcomms

• View Profile
Has anyone ran into this issue before?
We have a site who has several Single Line devices (Analogue DECT handsets) that require access to the system speed dials.
Unfortunately when the user tries to dial 381 we get a repeated error tone? However the Single Line devices can enter other feature codes such as 355 for call forwards.

Feature code 381 however does work for digital and IP handsets.
I've check all the class of services and as far as I can see all types of handsets have the same class of service.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
VoiceIPcomms,

It's been a long time since I dealt with an analog phone on a MiVO-250, but are you having them use the flash key prior to dial 381? It may require you to work with the Flash timer in the system to get it to work properly.

Thanks,

TE

Offline VoiceIPcomms

• View Profile
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
Even though the SL devices can still enter other feature codes would this be related to the Hook Flash timers.
The SL Hook Flash Max time is currently set to 15 Hundredths and the SL Hook Flash Min time is currently set to 7 Hundredths.
Any suggestions on what I should set it too?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
VoiceIPcomms,

Well that is the rub unfortunately. Usually the default settings are fine so you will need to test to make sure that when they hit the flash on their phone that they get the tone to allow them to dial feature codes. If they don't then I would try setting the maximum up first and if it seems to be getting too high then you may want to default it and lower the minimum down some, but I wouldn't go below 5.

Also remember that when you are using the System Speed Dials that they have to dial the entire 3-digit code for the speed dial they want. If 003 is 1-800-555-5555 then they would need to dial 381 003 to get that one to work right away.

Thanks,

TE

Offline VoiceIPcomms

• View Profile
I've played around with the SL Hook Flash min and Max timers but still no joy?

As I say, other feature codes are accessible without pressing the flash key such as call forward. But for some reason 381 wont work?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
VoiceIPcomms,

Alright, it doesn't state that the feature is not available to single line devices so it should be working for you. So, at this point we have to start at the beginning and see where we end up.

How are you using the feature?

What exactly does happen when you try to use the feature?

Thanks,

TE

Offline VoiceIPcomms

• View Profile
I have tried two ways
1. From the analogue handset I take it off Hook so that I get the internal dial tone and dial the feature code 381 followed by the 3 digit system speed dial bin number. I then get an error beeping tone.
2. From the analogue handset I take it off Hook so that I get the internal dial tone, press the flash key and dial the feature code 381 followed by the 3 digit system speed dial bin number. I then get an error beeping tone.

Out of the above two ways option one (without pressing the hook flash key) works with feature code 355 followed by internal extension number for call forwarding.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Can the analog devices dial out directly on the trunks, calling the speed dial numbers manually? Are there any permissions issues or toll restrictions that come into play?

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Is it possible the system flag "SPCL Key Required For Feature Code Entry" is enabled and causing this issue?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Even if the flag was enabled, it is ignored for analog devices.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
VoiceIPcomms,

So, if the option 381 wasn't available to be used it would have given you the error beeps after dialing 381. So, the only thing that I can think of off the top of my head is:

1. The bin you are dialing isn't configured [not likely]. Verify that the bin is setup with a number and that the number is correct and works with a regular phone [Digital or IP].

2. The phone is restricted from that call type through Class of Service. Verify that there aren't any Class of Service Restrictions on the phone for testing purposes.

3. The Associated Extension / Outgoing Extension for that phone isn't allowing the call out. Verify that the phone is using the Feature Code for ARS default 92000.

4. The CO Trunk Group or SIP Trunk Group for the call type is restricted through Class of Service. Verify that the Trunking is not restricted for testing purposes.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10