Author Topic: System Alarm #133….Call Technician  (Read 1901 times)

Offline guanoguck

• View Profile
System Alarm #133….Call Technician
« on: June 20, 2017, 05:12:02 PM »
Hello,

I have a MiVoice 250/5000 system with a system alarm 133.

I managed to find a document that indicates that this may be an issue with the USB security key "A133 License Key Recovery Attempt (5000 Only)".
Has anyone had to deal with this system alarm?
Does this mean that the USB key is bad?

Thanks for your help,

Carl

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: System Alarm #133….Call Technician
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 10:31:46 PM »
Hello,

I have a MiVoice 250/5000 system with a system alarm 133.

I managed to find a document that indicates that this may be an issue with the USB security key "A133 License Key Recovery Attempt (5000 Only)".
Has anyone had to deal with this system alarm?
Does this mean that the USB key is bad?

Thanks for your help,

Carl
Code: [Select]
A132 Invalid or Missing License Key Information (5000 Only)

FIELDS: None.

CAUSE: The hardware licensing device, used to guard against software theft, is either missing or invalid.
If the device is valid, then there could be a hardware failure that requires a new hardware
licensing device.

ACTION: The user should either purchase the software legally or contact their dealer to have the
hardware licensing device replaced. Users should contact Mitel Technical Support if the
hardware licensing device is valid.

If your system still uses a USB license dongle, then it is likely failing (or the USB port is bad)... Most systems that are relatively current (5.0 or higher) use a serial number embedded into the compact flash card, meaning the CF card is likely failing. If you are using a CF card with an embedded serial number, you should not have a USB license dongle installed, it could cause this alarm but is very unlikely to be the case because when you upgrade to a new CF you have to send the old license key in.

Definitely seen a few of these alarms in the past, but it's been a while... when people would happen to accidentally hit the old 5000 chassis with the license key poking out and damage it.  If that doesn't seem to be the case, sometimes the system just needs a good old fashioned hard reboot.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 10:34:05 PM by acejavelin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10