Author Topic: MiCollab SIP Softphone - Transfer/Conference  (Read 4959 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
MiCollab SIP Softphone - Transfer/Conference
« on: June 19, 2017, 08:48:43 AM »
Guys,

Is there a way to get the Transfer/Conference button to show up in the In-Call Window for the SIP Softphone? I currently have the Hold, Hangup, and Handoff buttons, but I can't seem to figure out what is needed for the Transfer/Conference button to show up.

I have made the following changes:
1. Changed from Generic SIP to UC Endpoint
2. Created a second appearance of the DN under keys and made it MultiCall
3. Verified that is it using SIP Device Capabilities 71
4. Verified that both of the HTCI options were checked under the COS
5. Enabled Hotdesk - Allow Midcall Features on COS

None of these changes seems to have an affect on the issue. I looked at several forum posts about this issue, but none that I found seemed to post a resolution.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiCollab SIP Softphone - Transfer/Conference [Solved]
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 12:08:47 PM »
[Solved]

Ok, it took a minute, but this has finally been figured out. The issue at this location is that the SIP Device Capabilities 71 was not working properly so I had to create a new one. Also remember to perform a synchronization from the PBX Nodes under the MiCollab Client Service Configuration section to ensure that the update has been uploaded properly.

Configure the following fields and options on the Class of Service Options form for each device in the MDUG:
  • Phones
  • [•] Group Presence Control: Set to Yes
    [•] Group Presence Third Party Control: Set to Yes
    [•] HCI/CTI Call Control Allowed: Set to Yes
    [•] HCI/CTI Monitor Allowed: Set to Yes
    [•] Display Caller ID on multicall/keylines: Set to Yes
    [•] Voice Mail Softkey Allowed: Set to No1

• EHDU
    [-] Display Caller ID on multicall/keylines: Set to Yes
    [-] Voice Mail Softkey Allowed: Set to No1

• Softphones
    [•] Display Caller ID on multicall/keylines: Set to Yes
    [•] Voice Mail Softkey Allowed: Set to No1

Create a new SIP Device Capabilities with the following changed from default; 71 doesn't work for some reason.
    Replace System based with Device based In-Call Features: Set to Yes
    Allow Device to Use Multiple Active M-Lines: Set to Yes

Also the SIP Softphones need to have the following changes made to them as well.
    Device Type: UC Endpoint   NOTE: The MiVoice Skype for Business plugin does not support MiNet Softphones so the 5020 IP Phone does not work for Failover.
    Keys: program at least 2 MultiCall Keys

Thanks,

TE
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 08:23:37 AM by Tech Electronics »

Offline eugenej

• View Profile
Re: MiCollab SIP Softphone - Transfer/Conference
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 03:14:09 AM »
You must be on an older version. Capabilities 71 has those bits that you mentioned already configured since a while ago.
I remember not being able to get video to work on AWV ports (I use 71 for that too) and the issue was around the multiple m-lines.

Anyway point is 71 on newer release should be just fine ;)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 07:18:34 AM »
eugenej,

I am on the latest release of MiVB 8.0 SP1 [14.0.1.29] and although 71 does have those feature bits enabled it also has other bits enables as well. My assumption at this point is that it is one of the other feature bits which is causing the issue, but since I am using 71 for other devices just fine I could be slitting my own throat if I start changing how 71 comes by default.

The problem is this is my first installation, or anything, to do with the 3300 since I was trained several years ago [ver 4.1], and I just don't know enough about the system to go in and change things without knowing the consequences. Since no one else seemed to have the answer on how to make it work I posted my solution so that others may at least make sure they have that done before calling into Mitel and lowering their score; which my company watches very closely.

Another problem I have with the 3300 is that even though they tell you what you need to get the MiCollab Client going they don't tell you what you need to get all of the features working properly, and the guys who work on the client don't work on the 3300 and they don't have a document that explains how all of the COS and SIP Capabilities bits works with the client. In my thinking this should all be well documented by now since neither the client nor the 3300 are on release 1.0.

Thanks,

TE

P.S. Sorry about the rant, but I have had the same issue with the 5000 since Mitel took over the documentation so it isn't just the 3300.

Offline eugenej

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 08:10:39 AM »
yeah documentation is not what is should be. It's a little all over the place but it has gotten better to be fair.. problem with micollab is you have some many underlying apps that used to all standalone. So you are likely to find the answers but you'll have to read them all just about. It has gotten better though.

I did a standard (used all the defaults when selecting the templates) installation/config on mine and I have the xfer/conf button. So not sure  what is misssing in yours. It could be that there is/are setting(s) that I configured without realizing it.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 08:26:00 AM »
eugenej,

I see how the confusion started here and I have updated my solution. I made it seems as though SIP Device Capabilities 71 didn't have those feature bits set; which it does. I changed it to Create a new SIP Device Capabilities instead as 71 didn't seem to be working for me.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10