Author Topic: Mitel MiVoice Skype for Business Plugin  (Read 4284 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Mitel MiVoice Skype for Business Plugin
« on: June 15, 2017, 07:28:28 AM »
Guys,

I have installed the Skype plugin on several machines and it doesn't give access to the Deskphone, but it does give access to the users Softphone if they have one. If I uninstall the plugin and install the full MiCollab Client I have access to both the Deskphone and the Softphone.

Does anyone know if it is supposed to work with the Deskphone and if so how do I get it to recognize the Deskphone.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel MiVoice Skype for Business Plugin
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 09:01:17 AM »
I had to re-read this 3 times to make sure I understood what you were saying... You mean you can't control the deskphone (answer, place calls, etc) from the Lync plug-in? I have never had to do anything special to make this work, just install it, login, and it works.

If you look in %appdata%/Mitel/UC/uca.log does it show anything weird or any error message?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 09:34:36 AM »
acejavelin,

What I am trying to state is that the icon for the Deskphone doesn't show up when it is installed as a Skype for Business plugin, but it does when it is the full MiCollab Client. I am not sure what could be wrong with the installation or do I have to do something different besides having the Deskphone SDK added to their MiCollab Feature Profile?

Thanks,

TE

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel MiVoice Skype for Business Plugin [Solved]
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 07:45:25 AM »
[Solution]

It appears as though the initial amount of 8GB or RAM was not sufficient for this location and it had to be increased by an additional 2 GB. Once the new RAM was allocated and the server restarted the Deskphone option started appearing on the Skype for Business plugin.

What I still find to be odd is that the Deskphone would showed up on the MiCollab Client if I uninstalled the Skype for Business plugin and installed the full client.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel MiVoice Skype for Business Plugin [Solved]
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 09:11:38 AM »
[Solution]

It appears as though the initial amount of 8GB or RAM was not sufficient for this location and it had to be increased by an additional 2 GB. Once the new RAM was allocated and the server restarted the Deskphone option started appearing on the Skype for Business plugin.

What I still find to be odd is that the Deskphone would showed up on the MiCollab Client if I uninstalled the Skype for Business plugin and installed the full client.

Thanks,

TE

Interesting... we have seen this as a solution (add 2-4GB or RAM) at 2 other sites as well. One was a very heavy user of AWC and the other was actually a very light user of everything MiCollab based except Nupoint. Starting to think in mid-size or larger deployments if we shouldn't just immediately jump to 10GB or 12GB RAM allocation right from the start.

How did they diagnose that was the issue, just look at the system stats and see cache or page file use?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 09:20:59 AM »
acejavelin,

Mitel Tech Support went through the entire configuration setup and said everything was fine. Then they looked at System Information and Virtualization tabs and saw that the system was running at 97% on the Physical Memory and it had performed a Disk Swap at 24.48%. The system was setup correctly with 6 vCPUs and 8GB RAM, and it was at the latest version of software. The only recommendation that they had was to give it 2GB more of RAM and see if that fixed the problem and it did.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 09:43:50 AM »
acejavelin,

Mitel Tech Support went through the entire configuration setup and said everything was fine. Then they looked at System Information and Virtualization tabs and saw that the system was running at 97% on the Physical Memory and it had performed a Disk Swap at 24.48%. The system was setup correctly with 6 vCPUs and 8GB RAM, and it was at the latest version of software. The only recommendation that they had was to give it 2GB more of RAM and see if that fixed the problem and it did.

Thanks,

TE

Yeah, that is exactly the same troubleshooting situation I have had twice in the last 3 months, although both sites had completely different problems... Once would stop letting people log into conferences and the other UCA consoles would just get slow (go off-hook on a device and it would take 15-30 seconds to update on the console's DSS field, UCA users would get very slow updates, etc).

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 10:25:57 AM »
acejavelin,

So, basically once the amount of RAM exceeds a certain percentage then "odd" situations can happen that require the MiCollab Server Services. I will keep that in mind the next time something seems "odd" about how it works.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 12:11:35 PM »
[Update]

There may be a memory leak in the latest version of MiCollab 7.3.0.204 from OVA 7.3.0.106. I am supposed to keep an eye on it for the next two weeks to see if it keeps using more RAM. It started on Friday [June 16, 2017] with 48% and is currently at 59% on [June 20, 2017].

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10