Author Topic: Admin account password blanked out  (Read 934 times)

Offline jzs_phone

• View Profile
Admin account password blanked out
« on: June 13, 2017, 07:06:11 PM »
Hello All,

To start off I have really appreciated all of the info that has been made available here.

So we just upgraded to to V6.2 Mivoice office and we had several users with no password listed. When opening up  DB Programming a message would pop up about the accounts with no passwords. This included the admin account.  I added usernames and passwords to all of the accounts as well as the admin account.  The password I set for the admin account was different from the one we had originally set so after I was back in DB Programming I cleared it out (setting it back to how it had been)

You can probably see where this is going. I now cannot log into DB programming since it won't allow the password field to be blank, which makes sense.  I am able to log into the AWP the web portion with no password but I am obviously unable to reset the admins account password from there.

I understand it is a ridiculous place to have gotten myself and I am wondering if there is a way out.  I would appreciate and help you might send over.
Thanks

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Admin account password blanked out
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 07:33:27 PM »
jzs_phone,

You will need to call into Mitel Tech Support if you are a certified technician to get this resolved.

Otherwise, you can try putting in one space in the password field, try the password you changed it to in order to clear the error, or try using the default password. To be honest I don't expect any of those to solve the problem, but it can't hurt to try.

Sorry,

TE

Offline magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 11:22:15 AM »
My thought on this would be to do a default db from the front and then reload the db backup you made after completed the upgrade. Or modify the backup to put in the correct password.
But speaking with Mitel would probably be the best place to start. They will probably charge you a fee to reset the password since you are in the same situation as if you had taken over this customer.

Good luck!

Offline jzs_phone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 06:29:19 PM »
I ended up using a Mitel partner do it for us and it was really the best/easiest option.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10