Author Topic: SIP External IP Issue (Internal Fine) - Mitel 5000  (Read 1748 times)

Offline jfraser

• Contributer
    • View Profile
SIP External IP Issue (Internal Fine) - Mitel 5000
« on: June 13, 2017, 12:55:29 PM »
Okay, I'm banging my head against the wall here.  I'm using Bria for both Windows and Android with my Mitel 5000.  When I'm on our network and point to the internet IP (192.168.x.201) things are working great. 

The second I'm off the network and point to the external IP, it errors 503.

I'm 99.998% sure I have the firewall setup correctly.  5060-5062 is open.  44000 was open for connecting remotely for administration.  I removed it and lost access.  port 80 and 443 are also open and if I remove them I lose access so I know I'm opening the ports correctly.

About 6 months ago, I had my phone company help put the Mitel 5000 behind a firewall because we were having a pegged CPU.  We were successful but after it was still being pegged.  Here is where it gets funny.

I swore that the tech when into somewhere on the Mitel 5000 itself and did some IP filtering or blocking from external systems to remove the external traffic.  He told me that "china and others were doing a brute force attack"  That support rep is no longer there and the new person I'm working with says that the mItel 5000 has no firewall or ability to block ip.  I was there and know that the tech didn't touch my firewall.  The CPU hasn't been pegged since he "made the change".

Any ideas?

Here is where I'm stuck....phone company is blaming my firewall.  I'm very confident it is setup correctly. 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SIP External IP Issue (Internal Fine) - Mitel 5000
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 06:42:18 PM »
jfraser,

You are correct in the fact that there is a Firewall built into the MiVO-250 and it can only be accessed through the Web Portal.

As for the ports that you opened up you only need port 5060 UDP for SIP 5061-5062 are not used at all for SIP on the MiVO-250; as long as you are not using an MBG to access it.

Oh, and for the 5xx error you are receiving that usually indicates that the MiVO-250 is unable or failed to respond to the request for whatever reason. You will need to provide your SIP Logs for further explanation of what the issue could be.

Can it be assumed that you currently have SIP phones working remotely or is this the first one?

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10