Author Topic: Will MiVoice Office 250 software update include Toshiba Digital/IP Integration?  (Read 2151 times)

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
Any word on this happening?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Any word on this happening?
Considering it took almost 2 years to implement MiNET devices in the 5000 after Mitel acquired Inter-tel... I wouldn't hold my breath, assuming a similar time schedule would put it at towards the end of 2018 or beginning of 2019, assuming that is the intent and they aren't going to leave it a separate platform for some reason.

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
Another option is Mitel's new product that will link digital system to the Mitel Cloud.  Have you beta tested this ACE?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Another option is Mitel's new product that will link digital system to the Mitel Cloud.  Have you beta tested this ACE?
Wasn't aware of it... TBH, if it goes purely hosted we have usually use a different (non-Mitel) product for that, and to my knowledge we don't have customers on Mitel hosted.

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
Mitel CloudLink, an enablement technology that connects installed, premises-based customers to the cloud, providing access to cloud communications and collaboration applications previously unavailable to them without a complete rip and replacement of their existing infrastructure.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Mitel CloudLink, an enablement technology that connects installed, premises-based customers to the cloud, providing access to cloud communications and collaboration applications previously unavailable to them without a complete rip and replacement of their existing infrastructure.
It won't... 12-18 months of supply channel for existing systems and convert. Just sat in a Mitel partner meeting. Toshiba is not going to integrated, it will be migrated, the Toshiba acquisition was just buying "a seat at the table" for the possibility of moving the customer to Mitel, a way to "save face" for Toshiba instead of just shutting down the telephony division and give market access points to Mitel only.

I can't really say much more, but I don't know that more is needed.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:41:28 PM by acejavelin »

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
Thanks ACE!!

When will CloudLink be released?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks ACE!!

When will CloudLink be released?
Honestly, it wasn't mentioned in the Path's to the Future presentation of any platform. The "hybrid" cloud solution that was presented was basically a premise based system using cloud features (think MCD onsite, but MiCollab and/or MiCC in the cloud).

It there was more talk about moving into the larger enterprise markets, greater deployment of MiCC and MMN, and tying it together with IoT devices to make a single integrated platform.

There was very little talk about the SMB market in the roadmap, with a few exceptions, 6900 series sets will be supported on the MiVoice Office 250 in the next software release, and there is a new integration platform coming for external applications to work with the MiVO250... I missed a portion of that presentation because of a phone call.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:58:00 PM by acejavelin »

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
Thanks ACE-

Glad to see they are NOT discontinuing the Mitel Office 250 anytime soon.

Offline berkley

• View Profile
I spoke to my Mitel Rep and she stated that "nothing has been said to indicate this at this time". A very neutral answer I guess.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I spoke to my Mitel Rep and she stated that "nothing has been said to indicate this at this time". A very neutral answer I guess.
What I mentioned above about Toshiba came directly from Todd Abbott's mouth. There was nothing neutral about it, it was pretty cut and dry.

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
A far as the 250 goes, I asked my CAM recently what the breakdown of revenue is between the 250 and 3300.   She estimated a 40/60 split.  No company is going discontinue a product that makes up 40% of their on premise revenue.

She did say that Cloud was eating into 250 sales, and that a year ago the split was closer to 50/50.

Think about the 250 over the last 12-18 months.  Phone Manager Updates,  Application Suite for Reporting and Recording, 6900 Phone Field Trial, etc.   F the plan was to phase it out,  the advancements would have stopped a long time ago.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I would agree, I don't think the MiVO250 is going anywhere... especially with it's popularity. Look at the SX-200, it took Mitel 10+ years to kill it AFTER they stopped innovating or developing anything for it due to it's popularity, and in reality it isn't even completely dead, it's just moved to a niche market. I honestly see the MiVO250 to be similar, at least in the USA, and it is has some significant life left in the platform.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Guys,

Currently our Sales reps are selling more 3300 controllers than 250 controllers due to a discount on the 3300; especially virtual.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Guys,

Currently our Sales reps are selling more 3300 controllers than 250 controllers due to a discount on the 3300; especially virtual.

Thanks,

TE
We are still selling far more 250's, on probably a 5 to 1 basis, but based on number of devices, I would say the MiVB is in the lead... The biggest push is anyone with a reasonable infrastructure and a virtualized environment wants everything in the cloud, whether local VMs or hosted. It seems like a real shift in the market in the last 2 years from physical to virtual driven from the customer.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10