Author Topic: Dial out using specific line, and call forward question  (Read 848 times)

Offline bstrain74

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Dial out using specific line, and call forward question
« on: May 31, 2017, 03:55:55 PM »
Sorry, I'm new to telephone systems, hope I'm wording this correctly - I have a branch office with 5 analog lines setup in a hunt group off some sort. My first question is if one or more of these lines are not working can I force the system to dial out using a specific number? I read on here that you can dial the 5 digit trunk number, is that correct? If so how do I do this?

Second question concerns call forwarding. Incoming calls to the main line at this office is not working and Verizon said I could dial *72 and forward calls going to the main number to one of the other 4 working lines I have, is that correct? Thanks so much for any help.

Offline magnus

• View Profile
Re: Dial out using specific line, and call forward question
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 04:22:56 PM »
You absolutely can make the system call out on different lines. The easiest way to do this is to program a Trunk Key on the phone and have the person select the line they want to use.

In answer to your second question, Manually select the line that is not working and then if you get dial tone then you can dial the *72 and then dial the number you want the call to go to (line 2), answer that call and the forward will be complete.

If the line is not working at all then this process will not work.

Good luck!

Offline bstrain74

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 04:29:13 PM »
Thanks so much for the info, and quick reply. My question now is how do I program a trunk key?? Is there a way to try/test this from the phone first, by dialing some sort of 5 digit trunk number? If so where do I find the trunk number? I have access to the DB programming software. I really need a step-by step, if possible. Thanks so much

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 01:24:16 PM »
Bstrain74,

Go to System / Devices and Feature Codes / CO Trunk Groups / 9200x / Trunks to find the trunks in the trunk group associated with your system.

Each trunk will most likely start with 94xxx, but you may or may not b able to dial the trunk directly. If you cant then get back to the CO Trunk Group and then Toll Restriction and check Exempt from ARS Only.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10