Author Topic: re-route outgoing call  (Read 1218 times)

Offline nMitel

• View Profile
re-route outgoing call
« on: May 26, 2017, 11:50:26 AM »
Hi,

We are required to restrict 911 calls from going out to the dispatch, instead, we'd like them routed to a staff group, what would be a clean way to program this.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: re-route outgoing call
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 11:55:58 AM »
Hi,

We are required to restrict 911 calls from going out to the dispatch, instead, we'd like them routed to a staff group, what would be a clean way to program this.
Wow... in the USA this would be a illegal in most places.

Regardless, the system doesn't care what the number is "911" is just a number and you can route or use it however you wish internally.

You have a few options, assuming you use 9 for all outbound calls and don't want to change to 8 or some other digit (the BEST method to handle this), connect a loop start trunk to an analog station, make a trunk group for it, make a route that includes that trunk and delete all digits and insert some valid destination internally (0 or whatever ring/hunt group or key you want), then change the routing of 911 to go to use that route.

Offline nMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 12:37:48 PM »
Hi acejavelin,

Thank you for your input. I made trunk group 3 and assigned trunk 12 to it, I included this group in route 9 where I'm stuck now is how do I go about deleting all the digits to insert a valid destination and how do I re-route 911 to use route 9.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 01:15:02 PM »
I agree with Ace when he says "Wow".

But the easiest way I can think of to do this is to delete the 911 ARS and create a system speed dial for it.
If you really need to use ARS to do it then you need to do the following:
 - Find an unused Digit Mod entry.  Set it to delete the 911 or 9911 or whatever and then insert the number you need dialed with out the ARS access code.
- Create a new route that points the the trunk group that you need it routed out of and assign the digit mod to it.

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 01:39:11 PM »
Hi acejavelin,

Thank you for your input. I made trunk group 3 and assigned trunk 12 to it, I included this group in route 9 where I'm stuck now is how do I go about deleting all the digits to insert a valid destination and how do I re-route 911 to use route 9.
Assuming a sane person programmed your system :) , in Route 9 assign it Digit Mod 9 (it shouldn't be used if your routes/Digit Mods match, which is what I meant before), and in Digit Mod 9, delete 3 (or 4 if dealing with 9911) and insert the valid destination like 1000 or 2550 or whatever the group is.

In ARS on the SX200, start at form 26 and work backwards to 20, check all the forms even if you don't need to change them, and your golden.

Offline nMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 04:32:40 PM »
Thank you for your inputs. In regards to your WOW :) this setup is for a care facility that has medical staff to take care of such calls, so this staff needs to receive those calls first and if needed they can get to 911 dispatch using a normal 911 outbound trunk, this is allowed here by the province health ministry.

Once again, Thank you for your help.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10