Author Topic: MiCollab 7.3 stuck at idle and wont start after domain name change  (Read 1722 times)

Offline Saltrock23

• View Profile
MiCollab 7.3 stuck at idle and wont start after domain name change

Also when i try to run diagnostics it comes back with
"Well, That shouldn't happen"

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiCollab 7.3 stuck at idle and wont start after domain name change
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 08:39:27 AM »
changing domain names, or the host name even, after everything is configures is generally a bad idea. Lots of internal things rely on it and may not always adjust correctly to a change.

install a fresh copy with the correct configuration from the start.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 11:27:14 AM »
MiCollab 7.3 stuck at idle and wont start after domain name change

Also when i try to run diagnostics it comes back with
"Well, That shouldn't happen"
Just one service like MiCollab Client, or the entire MiCollab server won't boot up?

We had a similar issue where a sudden shutdown corrupted a configuration file relating to hostnames and had to re-run the configuration wizard from putty, but it never took and AWC would never start. Tech support had to go in and find the value missing in the configuration file and regenerate it from key values or something. Took several hours on the phone...

Basically I am saying run the configuration again from the command line, then reboot... if it still fails contact support. If you are out of SWA, it's a tough call, all depends how large or complex the system, might be worth it to re-enroll and give it a shot, or use use dilkie's approach and reinstall, your call.

Just an FYI... 7.3.0.X prior to .204 had a some weird bugs, we had to upgrade a couple times at one site for all sorts of issues but .204 has been pretty stable now. Not saying to upgrade while the system is not functioning properly (that might break it more). Just thought I would throw that out there...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 11:30:25 AM by acejavelin »

Offline theblarney

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 04:02:26 AM »
Had a similar issue and it turned out to be DNS, I think I set the DNS servers to be ones used on internal network but set to resolve locally.

I wouldn't normally do this but seemed to work on this occasion.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10